skymama

Lappie no workie

I plugged in a laptop last night that had been dormant about 3 months and it wouldn't run. The power light comes on and it sounds like it wants to start working, but the screen stays black. Any suggestions as to what might have happened? Is it because it sat without being turned on for so long?

Oh, and it's a Dell. I know, I know, but I'm not the one who bought it. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Does it need to charge if I'm plugging it into a wall outlet? I had it on and charging all night long, still nothing this morning.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't know. It should have been off and charging. Maybe the battery back up needs to be charged even if it is plugged into a wall. Plug it in in the off position for a while. Maybe the switch is defective, loose, or dirty. Is the battery a ni-cad or Li-ion?

Sounds like you need might need a new hard drive. I have had a laptop that did the same thing(Ibm). If you still have the original start up disk try to re-install it.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

where's the love???

I didn't want to bother you again with my computer issues.

We have a mother ship? I didn't know that!

If it's started . . .

Look for a little windows function key on the bottom left of the keyboard.

Presss that and then press the little monitor looking icon and see if that changes anything.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I didn't want you to think I only like you because you can fix things. There are other reasons. Don't worry, I'll come up with something. :P

What service did we subscribe to? :ph34r: lol...just tell me in pm's.

...Oh, and it's a Dell. I know, I know, but I'm not the one who bought it. :P

Is there a problem with Dell?
Customer service has always been very helpful to me...although staying on hold for quite a while is bothersome.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Have you hit it yet?? Just a little spank from the master might get it going.

Her Hotness is a Mistress . . . not a Master.:)

Right Mistress Hotness?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sounds like you need might need a new hard drive. I have had a laptop that did the same thing(Ibm). If you still have the original start up disk try to re-install it.

It sounds like it's not even booting into BIOS, which means that it is either a screen problem (turned down too low, not connected, broken) or a serious hardware issue.

It sounds like it's not even booting into BIOS, which means that it is either a screen problem (turned down too low, not connected, broken) or a serious hardware issue.

yup, like the mother board is fried!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh cruddlemuffins :D:D
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Boy am I embarrassed:$ I thought this was a thread about your knew beau and his oral sex prowess with lapping "things". I should have known that you would never get your self in a situation like that:D:D

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

The next time you wear your indian costume, you should say your name is Chief Sex on Brain. :P

Many Dell laptops, recently had a battery recall, (Batteries not only defective but many exploding & starting fires, and causing injuries) if you never had yours replaced, that may very likely be the problem! Go to dell's website to confirm the battery numbers & see if yours was one of those recalled. In the meanwhile be careful, you probably Don't want to attempt charging it. If you find it is indeed one of those recalled, the site also has a means for you to request the factory replacement, directly from the site! Good Luck! (and thanks again for your concern regarding Kaidan we will keep you updated as often as possible)
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.