Casch

What's the biggest raise you have received?

I've had two big raises, not sure which was bigger. First one was from $7.00/hour to $10.00/hour. I was the best CAD drafter in the company and they knew it, so I put the vise on their nuts. ;) It was my first drafting job after I got my college degree, over 10 years ago.

A few years ago I went from $15 something per hour to just over $18 per hour.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

As someone else said, I'm assuming this means without changing jobs. My best raise ever was about 55% after getting laid off by one company and going to work for their competitor (and that's not including the 16 weeks of severance pay I got). In the last year I've gotten $13,900 in raises without a promotion (which means I'm hopefully due pretty soon, as my boss requested I be bumped up two notches last year, both of which were declined by the "forces that be").

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

As someone else said, I'm assuming this means without changing jobs. My best raise ever was about 55% after getting laid off by one company and going to work for their competitor (and that's not including the 16 weeks of severance pay I got). In the last year I've gotten $13,900 in raises without a promotion (which means I'm hopefully due pretty soon, as my boss requested I be bumped up two notches last year, both of which were declined by the "forces that be").

How do you know your boss really put in the request?

Do you TRUST him?

Blues,
Dave

I have increased my base salary by 500% over the last 8 years within the same company and without my job description changing dramastically.

(This excludes a 40% bonus introduction and greatly increased benefits and pension contributions in the last 2 years.)

My biggest 1 time raise was 100%

I'm not sure, I have to look at the books, talk with the accountant, throw some chichen bones on a pentagram, and call the psychic hotline, but it looks like I'm just about to give myself a 150% raise.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Do you TRUST him?

It was the "forces that be" who told me about the request and explained why it was denied (something about not getting me too far ahead of my "peers" who have been here much longer, even though I don't know any of them)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Do you TRUST him?

It was the "forces that be" who told me about the request and explained why it was denied (something about not getting me too far ahead of my "peers" who have been here much longer, even though I don't know any of them)

Blues,
Dave

:$:$:$:$:$