GravityGirl

A Pacifist amongst Warroirs

A Pacifist amongst Warriors

She stared at him through tear soaked eyes. He said, “It’s the company you keep.” She is no stranger to pain, no stranger to heartache. She knows loss intimately. None the less, she is taken aback by the amount of emotion that consumes her.

A lifetime spent dedicated to love, freedom and peace. Until now she has kept only the company of like minded individuals. Peace at all costs. “Peace and Blue Skies.” She has written it thousands of times. She tries to live by those words. Practice what you preach.

So how is it that she now stands before a warrior preparing for battle? How is it that her heart is laid on the table, prepared to do anything it takes to ease his burden, to stand by his side, to aide and defend? How is it she is prepared to defend against the critic, to defend against the internal struggles he faces? She is prepared to defend against any adversary he is faced with.

She has never been elegant with good byes. She usually slips out undetected. But she knows better now. She absorbs him fully into her arms. She soaks in every bit of energy. She feels every muscle, every breath, recording it to her memory. She savors it as if it were gold, knowing full well it is far more valuable. She feels the urge to run before the tears come in full force. But she takes one last good look. She looks into the eyes of a warrior; a warrior she calls friend. Then she slips away. She drives back to the safety of her comfortable home. He boards a plane to the farthest thing from comfort. He heads off to join the men she said good bye to last week; last month; her brothers. His words play back in her head, “It’s the company you keep.”

How is it that this pacifist has come to keep the company of warriors? What is the common denominator? It’s the sky, freedom, love, scars and ultimately acceptance. She throws aside labels. Conservative and Liberal; her two least favorite labels of all time! Each person is truly an individual. Each person has a role on this planet; in this imperfect world. From the pacifist who cannot fathom hurting any creature, to the warrior who makes great sacrifices, each of us has a role. Each of us is ultimately dependant on the other in order to find and maintain balance.

Tonight I pray for peace. Tonight I stand prepared to back up my brothers in battle. Tonight I pray that each and every individual looks upon their fellow man as an individual and casts aside labels. Tonight I pray that we all take a good look at those we understand the least and realize that they are just like us. Because in the end, “It’s the company you keep.” And I for one keep the best company of all freaking time! I keep the company of pacifists AND warriors……and we are all one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

That was beautiful, Bonnie. Thanks for sharing.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

There is no greater pacifist than the warrior who has experienced war....but he/she will go back time and time again because sometimes its just a job that needs to be done.

Bonnie , that was beautiful.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

There is no greater pacifist than the warrior who has experienced war....but he/she will go back time and time again because sometimes its just a job that needs to be done.

Bonnie , that was beautiful.

Amen to that[:/]

Awe thanks guys. I was a bit worried this morning when I woke up that I would have to do some damage control.

This post was a sappy result of what happens to me when Jack meets pen. :)

Not a tiny bit sappy. It touched those of us who have worn the uniform profoundly.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.