PikzeeVikzen

vent rant rave bitch

[rant]

I feel like I'm going to explode! >:( My hubby has been working for a temp company for a while now. The company the temp company has him working for has been promising him a permanent position for a while. I keep saying "yeah right" because I've seen this before. I've begged hubby to find permanent employment, you know the kind that gives you paid holidays and other such benefits, because I knew work was going to dry up. WELP, it's dried up. Now we have no income and a stack of bills and a 2 year old! AAAHHHH! :S

I'm seriously freaking out. I have no idea what we are going to do. (other than search and pray for another job) If history repeats itself (again) it will be 6 months before another job comes along.

Bad timing too. Not just because we were already behind on bills but because I'm supposed to go and conquer my door demon tomorrow. (Not coming out of my pocket, AFF is an early bday gift) Now I don't think there is any way in hell I'm going to be able to relax enough to get in that damn door. *scream*

[/rant]

*deep breath* that actually helped a little.
I'm the twist that turns your key....

A positive mental attitude and prayer (if that's ok with you) will take you a long way. Good luck to you and your's.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Don't give up, Don't give in. Be prepared to swallow some pride and do what you have to do to get through this. I don't know anything about your husbands qualifications but he/you need to make yourselves marketable within the work force through education/training. 2-yr old @ home? How about sitting for a couple more? 2-4 hundred more a week if able to do so. Many options, just be flexible.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Bad timing too. Not just because we were already behind on bills but because I'm supposed to go and conquer my door demon tomorrow.

The two have little to do w/ each other. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll get out the door--if you really want to.:P

Furthermore, I've learned it's pointless to worry about that which is out of my control.

Focus on what you can do. Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

I will say a prayer for you, though, if it makes you feel any better.;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

The two have little to do w/ each other. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll get out the door--if you really want to.:P

I realize they are far from related. I'm a worrier. It's what I do. I think about everything worrisome all the time.

Thanks for the prayer. It's appreciated.

I'm the twist that turns your key....

Furthermore, I've learned it's pointless to worry about that which is out of my control.

Focus on what you can do. Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

Well said.....giving up control over things that you can not change is really hard to do, but if you can, life is that much more enjoyable;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Now we have no income and a stack of bills and a 2 year old! AAAHHHH!

Take a deep breath. This too shall pass. Free and low cost ways to beat boredom with the two year old. Libraries usually have toddler storytimes that are absolutely great and fun for the kids. Also, an endless supply of free books to check out. Barnes and Nobles is another great free activity. You can read the books to the baby and play with the stuffed animals and trainsets they usually have.

Petsmart or PetCo are great too. You can go look at all of the rabbits and fish, turtles, etc. We do this at least once a week. Again, doesn't cost a dime.

Going to Mcdonald's to give the baby an ice cream costs about $1.00. Sometimes I'll take him to the mall because he loves to look at the fountains and all of the people. Can't leave the mall without a cookie for him. $2.00. Lots of fun stores to look in as well. Pottery Barn kids always has puzzles out and kitchen playsets. Just a fun change of scenery. Also check gocitykids.com and see if your city is listed. They list everything you can possibly imagine to do with the kids from museums to parks.

I know this doesn't really help your situation but just some ideas you may be able to use. :)

I'd follow Dave Ramsey's advice:

Start delivering pizza's while looking for "real" work, and eat "beans and rice" and take care the absolute bills only first: House, utilities, food. Whatever is left over you throw to the other guys.

You could do some research about some work-at-home stuff. There's a lot of crap, but there are some legitimate operations out there.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of work does your husband do?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!