DJmikeD

new system instructions

Well I am new to the sport and I Just sent in the order for a new complete system. What I would like to ask the experienced guys and gals on this site is when I do get the system that will be put together by my rigger. Will it come with instructions on proper packing procedures. I was wondering this because I got a fusion 190 and on the site they have no links to any instructions on the canopy. When I did a search for the fusion I could not come up with any info on the canopy either. I just thought I would ask now because I always hear about folding the nose and not folding the nose on some and other little packing techniques. Do these apply to all or are some different then others.

"Falling is the easy part, Landing smoothly is the most importent part!
-DJ Mike

New canopies come with manuals describing how to assemble and pack them.
The better manufacturers post manuals on their web sites.

My Safire2 didn't come with a manual. Not even a note about the URL to the manual. It didn't matter to me, since I had both read and print it before the canopy was received, but still a surprise since it wasn't the cheapest canopy on the market.

Well I am new to the sport and I Just sent in the order for a new complete system. What I would like to ask the experienced guys and gals on this site is when I do get the system that will be put together by my rigger. Will it come with instructions on proper packing procedures. I was wondering this because I got a fusion 190 and on the site they have no links to any instructions on the canopy. When I did a search for the fusion I could not come up with any info on the canopy either. I just thought I would ask now because I always hear about folding the nose and not folding the nose on some and other little packing techniques. Do these apply to all or are some different then others.

Your rigger will have (or will get) the manual in the event your gear does not come with one.

Techniques discussed here are mostly "after market" methods not covered in the manuals, and are for MAIN canopies. Your reserve will be packed very precisely to mfg specs.

I would HIGHLY recommend that at your experience level you learn packing from the instructors and riggers at home and NOT from DZ.com (where they can show, tell and look over your shoulder). This is a good forum to bounce ideas off of once you have a good foundation.

HAVE FUN!
Jim
:)
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Your rigger will have (or will get) the manual in the event your gear does not come with one.

There is no manual available for the Fusion. There are a few people jumping them at Davis; any of them and/or one of the more experienced packers (Doc, Frank) can tell you if there is any "secret stuff" about packing them.

I would HIGHLY recommend that at your experience level you learn packing from the instructors and riggers at home and NOT from DZ.com (where they can show, tell and look over your shoulder).

Me too. Mike, talk to Neal and/or Doc about learning to pack - Doc did a packing class last Sunday; Neal will know when the next one is scheduled. Keith is usually in the loft during the week and on the dz on the weekends if you have questions about your gear once you get it.

I am going to take the Packing class with Doc next week. I am about 5 jumps out from getting my A licens and that will be the last part. As for packing info from here on line. Not really what I was going for just info about the manual. I will see what he says about it.

"Falling is the easy part, Landing smoothly is the most importent part!
-DJ Mike