RSL releases, how to make it better?

Has any though been given to making the RSL easier to release in flight? I have read that in two canopies out and in certain wraps you should disconnect your RSL. The connector is small, hard to see and manipulate. Seems ripe for a new design/invention. Any ideas?
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

i don't know, it seems to work OK. Nice and easy to release.

Although, I do like what Al MacDonald does with the sidewinder rig. The RSL release is a longer red tab, which has a snap, connected to the harness. This way, it doesn't move when the risers do. Also its setup so that the Velcro stays mated with each deployment.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/flyhigh/rigphoto.htm
picture half way down the page.

Bill Booth is actively seeking a more reliable RSL shackle design - he has posted as much on here at least a couple of times, inviting any ideas that may be forthcoming.

His main focus is on finding a shackle that more reliably stays connected when subjected to force whilst still being at least as easily released as the current design. It would appear that his concern is that the current design is too prone to releasing when under a load, thus representing the weak link in the whole RSL/Skyhook system.

Whilst his focus is on exactly the opposite element of the design that you're concerned with - who knows, maybe the next version of the shackle will inadvertently deal with both concerns?

Maybe Bill ought to look at some commercial fishing hardware for ideas. I used to fish for a living and saw a lot of specialized hardware designed to hold huge loads reliably yet release with the pull of a release line. There is something called a Brailer Block that does this and many other similar devices used in purse seining, trawling, etc. Nothing is useable in skydive rigs "as is", too huge, but some good design ideas might come to Bill if he looked at that stuff.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Maybe Bill ought to look at some commercial fishing hardware for ideas. I used to fish for a living and saw a lot of specialized hardware designed to hold huge loads reliably yet release with the pull of a release line. There is something called a Brailer Block that does this and many other similar devices used in purse seining, trawling, etc. Nothing is useable in skydive rigs "as is", too huge, but some good design ideas might come to Bill if he looked at that stuff.

Thanks for the tip.

Bill,

The only difference between Sidewinder RSLs - and most others - is that the red tape tail is snapped to a main riser. The snap prevents it from slapping your ear.
I have packed forty-some-odd Student Sidewinders this year and have to assemble another ten by the end of the month.