Gawain

What Do These High Oil Prices Really Buy?

I just got these in an email. It's actually quite the engineering marvel. But it does boil down to one thing (even if the humor behind it moves this to SC), our high fuel prices are basically buying the folks in Dubai UAE their own ski slope...

...that's right...

So they can ski in the desert.

:S

It really is pretty neat to pull that off.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

LOL....that resort is actually a very nice place from what I hear. Had a KBR employee I worked with in Iraq that went down to the UAE on R&R twice and went skiing there both times. I actually have LOTS of pictures of that place saved on my computer somewhere.:S

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

Ok, I'll risk it. Dubai isn't nearly as oil rich as the other Gulf states. Consequently they are using thier existing oil wealth to build an economy not chained to petroleum.

Just picture one of those slopes next to the tunnel in Eloy.;)

L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

We all knew they were rich bastards.

I figure it's just like all the water-amusement parks that are springing up all over the US. Most folks don't have a coastline with waves and other kinds of watersports nearby, so somebody spends big bucks to put up a waterpark and we pay through the ass to go and swim in the wave pool with all the little kiddies pissing in it. If we all lived on the coast there wouldn't be nearly as many of those parks around.

This is the UAE's version of a waterpark. If they didn't have this they'd have to call their pilot, have him get their personal jet ready, have their driver take them all the way to their personal airstrip, get in the Gulfstream or whatever is hot right now, and fly to Europe or wherever to get in some skiing. And you have to admit that would just be a total waste of a day, right?!

Elvisio "it sucks because it isn't me" Rodriguez

I just got these in an email. It's actually quite the engineering marvel. But it does boil down to one thing (even if the humor behind it moves this to SC), our high fuel prices are basically buying the folks in Dubai UAE their own ski slope...

...that's right...

So they can ski in the desert.

:S

It really is pretty neat to pull that off.

Now that it's their oil they can charge what they want. Same thing with the U.S. refinery's that are located in gulf port states like Texas it's their refinery's and if they don't want to/can't build excess refinery capacity they don't have to.

Of course if your a whineing liberal or a god fearing neocon. Whine whine whine.

3, 2, 1, Speakers corner:|

This is the UAE's version of a waterpark. If they didn't have this they'd have to call their pilot, have him get their personal jet ready ...

Actually they have a really nice water park there call Wild Wadi. I do no think that I climbed a set of stairs more than 5 times while I was there.
Most of the major rides are at the top of a uphill waterslide that pushes you all the way up then branches off to the various slide entrances
The only one that is better that I have been to in the states is Schlitterbaun (sp?) in Texas.

Have Rig will travel ...

As I travel around I notice that my small town has some of the highest fuel prices around the midwest. Interestingly, we have a fuel producing refinery locally. Fuel trucks leave the facility and drive to the other end of town and fill the tanks at local gas stations. Can anyone explain our higher prices?
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

As I travel around I notice that my small town has some of the highest fuel prices around the midwest. Interestingly, we have a fuel producing refinery locally. Fuel trucks leave the facility and drive to the other end of town and fill the tanks at local gas stations. Can anyone explain our higher prices?

Sounds like a whining neo con;)or

It could be a conspiracy between the middle east and them gulf coast refineries. :S or

Law of Supply and Demand. The refineries control the Supply so they can charge what they want, as long as you gas guzzling americans Demand their product.:)
3, 2, 1, SC

***The only one that is better that I have been to in the states is Schlitterbaun (sp?) in Texas.

I was there as a kid a fwe times and loved it... I can only imagine it to have gotten bigger and better by now!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Try to continue getting threads moved to SC and its a fast ticket to find yourself removed from this forum :)
BTW, who is the "we" you refer to in your posts? If there is more then one voice in your head then you need to see a shrink.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Try to continue getting threads moved to SC and its a fast ticket to find yourself removed from this forum :)
BTW, who is the "we" you refer to in your posts? If there is more then one voice in your head then you need to see a shrink.

Go back to Skymama's post dude. Did She ask for your help? Oops cyber space dumb question

Green hat thats a grammer Nazi:o

You take your meds today:S back at yoou with the PA

Wanna remove us from this forum do your thing. :)
Surprise us and cover your tracks by removeing this post. :o