skymama

Free HIV testing day- June 27th

However, I got the Now that I'm in a committed relationship and have up-to-date negative results, I've got no reason to continue routine testing. But, if something happens that causes me to end up back out in the dating pool, I will once again be demanding periodic tests regardless of whether I feel fine.

Blues,
Dave

according to most that posted here, you're at risk. Your partner could be cheating. Even though that isn't the case, they are saying how do you know?? You're at risk!!!
even though I think you are doing just fine.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

according to most that posted here, you're at risk. Your partner could be cheating. Even though that isn't the case, they are saying how do you know?? You're at risk!!!
even though I think you are doing just fine.

Testing doesn't reduce a person's risk of getting something, it can only reduce the risk of them giving it to someone else. If my girlfriend were cheating, caught something, and gave it to me, testing wouldn't fix it. It would just tell me that she'd given me something. On the other hand if I were cheating, testing would reduce the risk of my sharing something with my girlfriend that I caught elsewhere. Fortunately, cheating isn't in my bag of tricks, so it's not something I need to worry about. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well, I think the BEST reason to get tested is so you don't unknowingly pass it on to someone else.

And if YOU'RE not cheating, but your SO is, you can't acquire it and pass it to THEM.

Obviously that's not the only reason to get tested, but it's the big one for me.

Well, that's a great reason to join the military. I could either voluntarily go to a free testing facility once or twice a year, or I could sign my life away, live in the desert, and be forced to get tested once a year. Yeah, I'll get right on that. :P;):D

Thanks for posting this. It's something I feel strongly about. My friend's sister has been living with HIV after sharing needles many moons ago. I learned quite a bit from her, and I think it's a good idea to get tested even if you don't think you need to.

I get all tests done with my annual... Each and every year they prick and prod me in all directions checking for this, that and the other. HIV, STD's, etc. If for some reason there is reason for concern before my scheduled annual, I will go in for additional testing. And, I'm not talking about if I start feeling like shit... I'm talking about questionable partner (cheating), condom breaking, etc. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I'm tested every two years for HIV (military thing) in fact I just got a blood test a few weeks ago...

I consider myself at extremely low risk to come across it considering up until a month or so ago I hadn't ever kissed a girl (romantically speaking)...

I know the topic of getting tested for STD's comes up regularly and I agree that its important to get tested regularly (regardless of how picky you are...) even for low risk individuals like me... as long as I'm in a commited relationship I don't know that I need to get tested as regularly... but if it ever ends (perish the thought) that's another story... even if I've just been kissing...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I get tested every year, because I work with HIV in the lab almost every day.;)

Right now we're looking at a naturally-occurring protein in the human body which seems to reduce HIV reproduction by around 80% in macrophages.

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------