chopchop

Donnie Darko...

definetely worth it!!! I own it.. a mad movie

yup and the song, mad world, from the sound track has been getting a lot of raidio play as of late here in utah, even though the movie is from like 93'....

i saw only part of it at first and then saw the whole thing, it is defiatly a movie you have to see all the wqy through to get... very diffrent but cool movie....

yup and the song, mad world, from the sound track has been getting a lot of raidio play as of late here in utah, even though the movie is from like 93'....
reply]

Do you mean the song is from '93? The movie came out in 2001.

I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

What an odd movie.. :|

I agree! Very odd movie, in fact it really sucked! and we should have went out with Iwan somewhere so I could watch you two get drunk and stupid, and then drove you home, laughing at you all the way...... :S .. Yeah, that would have been a great night! :S *sigh* ... too late now.. [:/]

I love Donnie Darko. It is a weird movie, Kramer, but IMO it's also totally original and powerful, but also sad, the kind of movie that stays with you. And I personally love the Gary Jules remake of Tears for Fears' "Mad World."

-Michele
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

How weird! I watched Donnie Darko yesterday when I got back from the hospital..
Ok so half way into it I had to rewind because I was so jacked up I couldn't remember what happened but the second time around was great! I loved the ending. Total mind trip. Strange that you guys didn't like it.

What's great is that we can each have our own theory as to what really happened.

Oh and that would explain my recent hallucinations...

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

.......:| maybe i should be scared that you actually remembered what my sig from like 6 months ago said. freakazoid :P:D

anyway, yeah its a freaky movie, some people think i kinda look like donnie darko, and my first name is donnie so.. *shrugs* i've never watched the entire thing from beginning to end, but i've seen bits and pieces. one of these days i'll sit down and watch it all.

Do you mean the song is from '93? The movie came out in 2001.

okay i had my numbers off must of ben thingking it was 3 years old and just put that in woth 199-...... sorry...

Awesome movie. Two of my favorite quotes come from it:

"Go suck a fuck."
"How exactly does one suck a fuck?" (not sure I quoted that one perfect)

"Why are you always wearing that stupid rabbit suit?"
"Why do you wear that stupid MAN suit?"

Neither is funny unless you've seen the movie and remember the context...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Donnie Darko is brilliant, In the Mouth of Madness is pretty good, Jacobs Ladder is another oldie but goodie thats slightly twisted...

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Edited to add: and how about Gummo!!!!!! WOW

wow, someone else that has seen GUMO.. that movie is very wierd.... and i have a story of it.... well i went skydiving at skydive greene county and this dz is just out side of xenia ohio whree gumo is set... in the movie they are always trying to kill some cats and the guy they sell them too tells on of the boys that he lost one of his bigest customers the chineese resturant... well when i went skydiving we all went out to dinner after jumping and ended up trying a chinees place.. well it was closed due tot he health board..... it was all very wierd because i had seen gumo like 8 months after this happened....so when i;m watching the movie it hits me.. very wierd.......

I LOVE Donnie Darko. It's up there with Harold and Maude for me!

Lindsey

Linsdsey,

Finnally, someone with the same taste in movies as me! I feel validated. Love Harold and Maude and Gummo is great, twisted entertainment.

Top on my movie recommendations are Donnie Darko and Gummo. My favorites.

Celeine

LOL...we should have a movie night.... A lot of people know and love Harold and Maude, but I don't have too many folks that also appreciate Gummo. Glad to see that you and Wingnut understand....

Peas~
Lindsey

I LOVE Donnie Darko. It's up there with Harold and Maude for me!

Lindsey

Linsdsey,

Finnally, someone with the same taste in movies as me! I feel validated. Love Harold and Maude and Gummo is great, twisted entertainment.

Top on my movie recommendations are Donnie Darko and Gummo. My favorites.

Celeine

--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail