LisaH

Do you remember your first bicycle?

AMF Renegade Stingray, green metalic. Kindergarten Christmas present.

3-speed?

Nope. Single speed coaster brake. Bannanna seat, high handlebars. Basic Stingray.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

My first bike was second-hand, black one speed, for Christmas when I was 6. Nothing special, but I learned to ride on it and enjoyed it. We weren't poor, very, very middle class, but my parents knew how to stretch a buck. My next bike was brand new, but I never minded the used one first.

Much better than going to the dump or having to use a tin can seat. My hat's off to all of you that learned to make do and improvise when you were kids. Those are valuable life skills. :)
Especially if you grow up to be a street person.:P

Sorry, just kidding about the last thing.:$:):D

My first bike was second-hand, black one speed, for Christmas when I was 6. Nothing special, but I learned to ride on it and enjoyed it. We weren't poor, very, very middle class, but my parents knew how to stretch a buck. My next bike was brand new, but I never minded the used one first.

Much better than going to the dump or having to use a tin can seat. My hat's off to all of you that learned to make do and improvise when you were kids. Those are valuable life skills. :)
Especially if you grow up to be a street person.:P

Sorry, just kidding about the last thing.:$:):D

But, did you need training wheels? :P:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I got my first bike the day after I got out of the hospital on my 7th birthday. My Dad and two brothers got a second hand bike and painted it all red and put a basket on the front and made it look as new as they could for me. They were so excited to give me that bike for my birthday! I was scared to ride it. Took me a week to get up the nerve. Not to mention it took me a while to heal up from major surgery. Finally did it just to make them feel better. I'm just not a thrill seeker I guess. Bikes are scary. :S

I got my first bike the day after I got out of the hospital on my 7th birthday. My Dad and two brothers got a second hand bike and painted it all red and put a basket on the front and made it look as new as they could for me. They were so excited to give me that bike for my birthday! I was scared to ride it. Took me a week to get up the nerve. Not to mention it took me a while to heal up from major surgery. Finally did it just to make them feel better. I'm just not a thrill seeker I guess. Bikes are scary. :S

And yet you jump out of airplanes
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

And yet you jump out of airplanes

Well, Yes, of course I do! That is normal. I've been doing that for like two and a half decades. If you fall out of the airplane, big deal. Just don't forget to pull. You fall off your bike and it's going to hurt! Or you could get hit by a car or run into something. Think about it! You could get seriously injured or die riding a bike! (that was my thinking when I was 7 anyway) :D

I don't know I only sprained an ankle when I got hit by a car, However I have been launched off my bicycle many many times. Have the road rash to prove it
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I barely remember it... it was third-hand too and was in pretty bad shape. One of the pedals broke off while I was riding it in the street, then I hit the curb and went right over the handlebar into a bush. I was 5 years old.

Man, I was one tough SOB growing up. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Awww that was so sweet. Did they push you to get you started?

Thrill seeker my ass :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yes they did actually! When my Dad got tired my brothers took over. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. :D I'm kind of wimpy. It took me about 50 jumps before I let go of JohnMitchell's hand in freefall too. I'm flying OK now though. ;) I got the hang of it.

Yes they did actually! When my Dad got tired my brothers took over. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. :D I'm kind of wimpy. It took me about 50 jumps before I let go of JohnMitchell's hand in freefall too. I'm flying OK now though. ;) I got the hang of it.

:D You did good.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Got my first bike for Christmas when I was 7. Straight outa the Sears 'wish book'!:D

Chuck

Oh my, I remember that book. But I wanted bras. :D:D but they were in the "Big Book"

Ah yes! A young boy's dream... the Spring-Summer issue!:D

Chuck

I barely remember it... it was third-hand too and was in pretty bad shape. One of the pedals broke off while I was riding it in the street, then I hit the curb and went right over the handlebar into a bush. I was 5 years old.

Man, I was one tough SOB growing up. :P

Yeah, Buddy! I remember one time, riding my bike down a gravel road, like a bat outa hell... standing up on the pedals. Both feet slipped off the pedals and my crotch, hit the cross-bar. Just about ended the dynasty right there!:D

Chuck

Got my first bike for Christmas when I was 7. Straight outa the Sears 'wish book'!:D

Chuck

Oh my, I remember that book. But I wanted bras. :D:D but they were in the "Big Book"

Chuck

Yup. :D

And I never did get one. >:(:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Chuck

Chuck

We used to get ours in the mail. I remember watching for the mailman to bring that book. As it worked-out, i got to it first!:D I remember when bikinis were first introduced... that was the best issue!:D

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

We used to get ours in the mail. I remember watching for the mailman to bring that book. As it worked-out, i got to it first!:D I remember when bikinis were first introduced... that was the best issue!:D

Chuck

The cute white ones? ;)

I meant I never got the bras. :ph34r: Or bikinis for that matter.

For some reason mom liked JCPenney's. That store smelled funny. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

And boys laugh at girls bikes, why????

Mine was some 1 speed, foot-break job, blue and had fenders over the front and back wheels. My step-brother's hand me down. The only thing that bothered me was the foot breaks!! I was about 8 and Atlantic Avenue was my training ground. Never got hit but I hit some interesting people and trucks :D

Swedishcelt, we'll teach you to ride a bikey-bike when you come to NYC. With that other 'who lives in NY thread', I was thinking of all the restaurants, bars, concerts we could go to.

Lets teach her to ride a bike! Then take her to Central Park and introduce her to the PathToHell curve!! Whoo hoooo!

special thanks to GravityMaster for my first Harley ride (sober and of age!)--THAT was wonderful!!! And I didn't fall off!!~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

The cute white ones? ;)

I meant I never got the bras. :ph34r: Or bikinis for that matter.

For some reason mom liked JCPenney's. That store smelled funny. :D

Never did like J.C. Penny's. Sears had the best lengerie photos... and models.:D Monkey Ward catalogues were pretty good too.

Chuck

After my little incident, I had a great respect for girl's bikes.:D That bike had foot brakes and it was really cool to go haulin' butt down the road and slam on the brakes and turn sidways. :D Then of course, there was the playing cards in the spokes.:D

Chuck