BlueSkiesKel

Another TRI today.. who else raced today?

So I ran the Caesar Creek Sprint Tri today, 750yd swim, 20k bike, 5k run,
and i have to say, after the week of driving across the country and missing a week and a half of training, it showed, i dragged ass today:(
the official results arent posted but i finished around 1hr31min i think, so crappy>:(
but here are pictures of me smiling after the race anyways:)i have my big race next sunday.. hopefully i'll kick some butt then.
i know a few others did a race today.. how'd you guys do???

I think the order of events should be reversed...

It should be run, bike, swim.

Imagine the drama in the swimming part.. when people would be really tired... the announcer saying... "this competitor has been going strong until now.... looks like he might not make it... barely keeping hisr head above water... ok thats two times he's been under.... will he come back up... looks like he won't finish the race."

You'd get a lot more TV audience. B|

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I think the order of events should be reversed...

It should be run, bike, swim.

Imagine the drama in the swimming part.. when people would be really tired... the announcer saying... "this competitor has been going strong until now.... looks like he might not make it... barely keeping hisr head above water... ok thats two times he's been under.... will he come back up... looks like he won't finish the race."

You'd get a lot more TV audience. B|

oh you think you're funny dontcha:P

Actually, it is pretty amusing, just not for the competitors. LOL

I see you're a Specialized girl, huh? ;) Ah well, I won't hold it against you. :P

yeah i have a dolce specialized, its been a pretty good bike, but to tell ya the truth, i'm least knowledgeable on the bike stuff, i just took someones recommendation on the bike, i prolly couldnt tell the difference if it were better or worse

Wow thats impressive, I like to think of myself in decent shape doing what I do... I mean I can easily accomplish a 750yd swim, 20k bike, and 5k run... but ONE AFTER THE OTHER all in one day??!! Thats just plain out crazy!!! I'd have to stock up on some serious medication just to heal myself hahaha!

Congratulations on finishing!

So I ran the Caesar Creek Sprint Tri today, 750yd swim, 20k bike, 5k run,
and i have to say, after the week of driving across the country and missing a week and a half of training, it showed, i dragged ass today:(
the official results arent posted but i finished around 1hr31min i think, so crappy>:(
but here are pictures of me smiling after the race anyways:)i have my big race next sunday.. hopefully i'll kick some butt then.
i know a few others did a race today.. how'd you guys do???

Hey Good job but you know you could of got an extra day of training in if you didnt detour to go jumping off of a bridge.....;) HAHA

Actually, it is pretty amusing, just not for the competitors. LOL

I see you're a Specialized girl, huh? ;) Ah well, I won't hold it against you. :P

yeah i have a dolce specialized, its been a pretty good bike, but to tell ya the truth, i'm least knowledgeable on the bike stuff, i just took someones recommendation on the bike, i prolly couldnt tell the difference if it were better or worse

I'm just kidding. Specialized is one of the best and most respected manufacturers out there, right up at the top with Trek and Cannondale. But that really doesn't matter at all. If it works, it works, and that's what counts.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Here's a shot of my lovely bride exiting the swimming leg on tri #2 - a sprint near Houston. I don't know how you guys do this stuff. I get tired just carrying her luggage!

It took me half a minute to figure out that she wasn't carrying a flat-based object in her left hand. :)
I'm thinking it's time to get some new glasses.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving