sandyradsek

Making a Sky Tube

go to home depot. go to the plumbing department and there they have clear tubing with the small fiberglass webbing in it..to make it stronger. get about three feet of tubing. also get a 4 inch piece of wood rod that you can put the ends together with. use pipe clamps (the little metal ones with the screws) that is your first thing...now about the handle. you are going to want to get some nylon tubular webbing and some old suspension line. or anything of your choice...becuase the tube is going to want to twist. u can use chain..or anything that you wish. more to come...have to get back to work
"the sky is not the limit....the ground is"

The one that was just delivered into my posession for safekeeping used a child's bicycle tire rim. Works perfectly.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

For a base ring I like to use Schedule 40 electricians CPC pipe. Schedule 40 is thick enough that the hoop wont kink or warp under flight loads. Home depot has it. To bend just heat it. With practice you can get it like spagetti and very plyable. I do mine over an open BBQ. I don't recommend touching any part of the cooking surface. That stuff is noxious and leathal. Don't burn just soften.

The best heater is actually what the electricians use on the job site, which looks like a little box with heating strips in it and an opening at each end.

To spice the ends together I use garden hose internal fit splice, also from HD, Pressure fit no glue needed if done while soft.

I have cut mine away ( let it go) and it falls just like a cuttaway main. Of course mains dont fall the same and how long and how wide your tube design is would have an effect equal to or greater than the weight. Schedule 40 is pretty thick ( on the inside ).