ACMESkydiver

Who Knows Portland, OR Pretty Well?

I go to Portland at least twice per year on business, but I always stay at hotels right near the Rose Garden, and I'm unfamiliar with anywhere else. :$

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a hotel near the Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. I haven't ever been there. I know I can get the address and do a hotel search, and I will; I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in a nearby hotel that they could recommend?

We'd like a hotel with a pool, and one that is pretty close to the Med Ctr...and not in a *bad* area for my sister and I and possibly my daughter, too.

The tough part with hotel searches is that you can't see the neighborhood on the internet...typically I'm not so worried, but again, if we bring my daughter, I'd like to be in a nicer part of town.

Mom is staying in the Travis & Beverly Cross Guest Housing Center, but sis and I want to be somewhere with a pool so mom can come swim with us after visiting hours are over...

Suggestions please? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Well if your staying near the Rose Garden you are on the wrong side of town to be near the hospital. Also the Rose Quarter is not a very nice part of town.

Any were you stay out buy the hospital would be nicer than that area.

My brother works at the down town Marriott and it is definitely a nice hotel but not very close to the hospital.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I stay near the Rose Garden on business trips...this one is going to be by the hospital, correct across the river...right where hwy 26 crosses hwy 217.

I'm searching & having a tough time finding hotels nearby. [:/]

~Jaye

Here is one right by where you need to go.

http://www.shiloinns.com/Oregon/beaverton.html

Try searching for Beaverton and not Portland.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

beat me to it.

Also it would not let me post the link as a clicky.
WTF?

I lived in Tigard.. and Hillsboro.. for a long time.. I know that traffic mess well;)Nice thing about Shilo.. she does not even have to get on 26 OR 217...MAN I hate that bottleneck.

Ya the traffic on that side of town is as bad as anywhere i've ever seen. I use to work at the corner of 99w an 217. I lived in south east at the time. what a nightmare that was

PS...I booked through Priceline and got the Courtyard by Marriott for $83/night instead of $139. Near the hospital and it's got an indoor pool...Yippee!! :)
We're going to bring mom over after visiting hours and my sis, daughter, mom and I are going to take a dip in the pool, hang out in the hot tub, and then do our toenails in the room. B|

It will be nice to get mom outta there to relax whilest pop is drugged up and loopy. :P

Dad has a tumor of some sort the size of an apple next to his heart that they are removing tomorrow...but the more I hear about the surgeon, the more confidence I have. Dad will do fine, and hearing mom on the phone, I'm really glad that we have an opportunity to be right there for her so she doesn't worry herself hysterical. [:/]

~Jaye

Good deal.....Hey if you are out and about at all...

Go west on US 26 to Forest Grove and take a drive south down Hwy 47... its a bit early in the year for anything new..... but that is the top of the Tualitin Valley.... Oregon Wine country.. lots of small vinyards all the way down Hwy 47 thru Washington and Yamhill County...

Good deal.....Hey if you are out and about at all...

Go west on US 26 to Forest Grove and take a drive south down Hwy 47... its a bit early in the year for anything new..... but that is the top of the Tualitin Valley.... Oregon Wine country.. lots of small vinyards all the way down Hwy 47 thru Washington and Yamhill County...

vinyards? how about the waterfalls? there is soooo much to see in this area. it's so beautiful. when dad is well recovered, you'll have to repost a "what to do in oregon". I'll give you an itinerary that will last you for several vacations.

Sounds good...but Oregon, all I can think of is Tillamook and delicious cheese and ice cream!!! Oh yummmmmmm....:):):):)

you'll love zupan's in the southwest/northwest border off of burnside. they've got great olive bars, cheese bars, fruit bars. and a great wine selection too. and desserts? oh my!

all I can think of is Tillamook and delicious cheese and ice cream!!!

Well then Hop on Hwy 26 and head west.. stay in the left lane and it turns into Hwy 8... about 90 minutes to Tillimook. Go North on US 101 and go visit the Cheese factory.

I used to keep my boat at Garibaldi just north of the cheese factory..... mmmmm fresh curds.....mmmmmm

all I can think of is Tillamook and delicious cheese and ice cream!!!

Well then Hop on Hwy 26 and head west.. stay in the left lane and it turns into Hwy 8... about 90 minutes to Tillimook. Go North on US 101 and go visit the Cheese factory.

I used to keep my boat at Garibaldi just north of the cheese factory..... mmmmm fresh curds.....mmmmmm

I love cheese curds. B|
~Jaye