drdive

Optima or Solo - Do they record dive info?

My Skytronics has crapped out, and I am looking for a new audible. I love the recording capabilities of the Skytronics for logging freefall time, speeds, opening altitudes etc. Does the Solo or Optima record and dive info, or only act as an audible. Thanks in advance.

Ed
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

I've got an Optima, and it DOESN'T record info. But, I also have a prototype Viso, which does (records info on the last 200 jumps and tracks total jump numbers). The combination of the two is awesome, and because the MSRP are fairly low - it might be worth the few extra bucks to get both a visual (small, light, and accurate) and an audible rather than just a higher priced audible that beeps and tracks stuff. I've found the "under canopy warnings" on the Optima usefull.... check out http://www.l-and-b.dk for more info on their products.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the Viso, may end up with the Protrack. I wasn't real happy with the skytronics - couldn't hear it half the time.

Ed
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

My Skytronics has crapped out, and I am looking for a new audible. I love the recording capabilities of the Skytronics for logging freefall time, speeds, opening altitudes etc. Does the Solo or Optima record and dive info, or only act as an audible. Thanks in advance.

Ed

L&B don't seem to want to produce more audible loggers, they have only their pro-track.

Either they want you to buy two units (an audible and their altitrack), or they dislike having the logger in a helmet (turbulences in the air flow around your head disturbs the data).
Probably both.

But the pro-track is fine, isn't it?
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

L&B don't seem to want to produce more audible loggers, they have only their pro-track.

How about Viso???

Item: Viso
Manufacturer: Larsen & Brusgaard (84 Hits)

Description:
The VISO comprises three instruments:
Digital Alti-Meter- Stores detailed altitude information about the last jump for later review
Digital Speed-Meter- Stores detailed speed information about the last jump for later review
Jump Counter- Electronic logbook, storing and displaying information about the last 200 jumps.
- Can be used to keep track on the number of jumps on a rig.
- Can be reset at any time, but time and date for the last reset remains stored and cannot be erased.
VISO™ FEATURES:

Digital Altimeter or Speed-Meter
Electroluminescent backlight for night jumping. Can remain ON for several hours.
Automatic calibration to local elevation LCD screen for easy and intuitive operation and information review
Logbook with playback of altitude/speed profile for the last jump.
Operational at sub-zero temperatures
Always ON. No need to be powered OFF