airdvr

Any adopted jumpers?

Me too.

When i turned 18 i met my mother, i flew to australia to meet her and lived with her for about 6 months.

I'm guessing you're talking about your biological mother? I appreciate what my biological parents did, and I'm sure it must've been a hard decision, but I don't really think of my birth parents as parents... more as genetic donors, I guess. My mom and dad are the wonderful people that raised me, were there for me, and have supported me my whole life.

but your real mommy and daddy are responsible for making you look so pretty..;):)

hehe. my real mom is the one who taught me to put on make-up when I was twelve. She got me interested in athletics and the outdoors so I could stay in shape. She taught me about proper diet and nutrition so I could stay healthy.

My biological mother, on the other hand, gave me the genetics for my skin, eyes, and bone structure.

it is difficult to tell.... are you saying that you do not appreciate your skin, eyes, and bone structure??

Of course I do. It just really irritates me when people use the term "real mom" or "real dad" as if the people who raised me are some kind of fakes. My real mom and dad are the people who have been there for me my whole life.

My real mother and real father are the guys who had me. My parents are the people who adopted me. If that bugs you thats your problem. My parents are also my mother and father but my mother did not give birth to me so the lady that did give birth to me is literally my real mother.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

it is difficult to tell.... are you saying that you do not appreciate your skin, eyes, and bone structure??

Of course I do. It just really irritates me when people use the term "real mom" or "real dad" as if the people who raised me are some kind of fakes. My real mom and dad are the people who have been there for me my whole life.

Yes. I got that alot too. Just because you know how to conceive doesn't make you a mother or a father.

Not preaching or anything but I was given this book awhile back and it was an epiphany of sorts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0963648004/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-6589166-3915006#reader-link

I've avoided the search for my biologicals becasue I felt it would hurt my parents. Now as I get older and have my own kids I wonder more often.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

well... you argue a good point... and everybody's situation here is different... so everyone will have a different perspective. you don't sound like you have a vendetta against your birth parents as much as you have great appreciation and admiration for the ones who have brought you up... which is awesome... and i respect that, and apologize for offending you

well... you argue a good point... and everybody's situation here is different... so everyone will have a different perspective. you don't sound like you have a vendetta against your birth parents as much as you have great appreciation and admiration for the ones who have brought you up... which is awesome... and i respect that, and apologize for offending you

I don't have any resentment at all towards my birth parents. I appreciate what they did for me. I'm not going to go out and look for them, because I have a wonderful family, so I don't feel like there's "something missing" that compels me to search for them. However, I have seen what some of my adopted friends have gone through to search for their biological parents, so I have made myself extremely easy to find, should anyone with the proper information want to find me. I'm not going looking, but I'm not going to avoid meeting them if they want to meet me.

I did not mean to sound so harsh to you in my last post. Sorry for that.

I have met and spent 9 months living with my birth mum when i was 18 and met all my sisters etc... It was not her fault she had to give me up. she had to give me up to fix her family and she did. I am proud of her for that and i believe she deserves to be called my 'real mother' . She never did anything wrong for that right to be taken away from her.

I love my parents that adopted me very much and they also adopted who i call my brother.

They have also come on holiday with me and my birth mum and had great nights out.

Everyones situation is different and my parents are glad that i know my real mum. However my mum who adopted me knows that i would not want it any other way, even though my birth mother is now filthy rich from lotto:)

It was the best thing meeting my half sister and her taking me out the first night i met them, got me drunk with all her mates at their flat and then got me really stoned and it is a great memory when she came to the bottom of the driveway to sit with me and talk to me while i was throwing chunks:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Yes. I got that alot too. Just because you know how to conceive doesn't make you a mother or a father.

Not preaching or anything but I was given this book awhile back and it was an epiphany of sorts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0963648004/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-6589166-3915006#reader-link

I've avoided the search for my biologicals becasue I felt it would hurt my parents. Now as I get older and have my own kids I wonder more often.

Wow... I just read the reviews for that book... the reviews describe adopted people as "conflicted" with "feelings of abandonment" with a "subconscious fear of abandonment and trust"... that makes no sense to me. I don't feel abandoned or conflicted. I have a wonderful family that's been with me every step of the way.

Something I've noticed: I've met a lot of adoptees, and from what I've observed, adoptees that have major issues with being adopted seem to have found out when they're over age seven or eight, after they've had time to begin to develop their own identity and perception of who they are. For them, there was this big moment of "surprise! you're adopted!" and then they develop all these issues of "my mom and dad aren't my mom and dad!" or "my real mom abadoned me!" or "I'm not who I thought I was!" I've never, ever had these thoughts.

My mom and dad did not hide the fact that I was adopted. Ever. I grew up with age-appropriate definitions for adoption, and even when I was too young to talk, my mom would pick me up and say "We're so glad we adopted you!" So I grew up knowing the word, what it meant, and that I was adopted, so there was never this "you're adopted!" surprise moment for me. There was never any shock at all, and being adopted is simply part of who I am. My mom and dad could not possibly love me more if I was theirs biologically. They made sure I understood that, and that genetics truly did not matter. I'm their kid, and they're my parents, and that's the end of it.

I must say it does sound like you put alot of thought into being adopted.

It is also a part of me but not something i really ever think about.

You should try meeting your mum. It is amazing. And if she does not want to meet you who cares,it should not hurt as yuo should be able to understand if she does not want to meet you at this age.

It is amazing meeting three sisters you never knew you had and their nephews etc.

However, each to their own, my adopted brother has no desire to meet his mother.

My cousin is also adopted and he meet his mother who came to his weeding... the funny one with him was that his sister owned an illegal brothel and his father who bought him up all is life is one of new zealands highest ranking police officers:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

When I need to talk to parents, I call my mom and dad. Biologically, my mom is my maternal aunt and my dad is my uncle by marriage. They took in a seriously fucked up 13 year old kid and turned him into a productive (respectable would be a bit much :D) member of society with passable social skills.

When talking about the people who caused me to occur, I use the terms mother and father, generally preceeded with the qualifier "birth". My birth father married someone who was not my mother, while she was pregnant with me, visited me occasionally till 6 years old, paid child support to my mother till I was 18 (note I'd run away at 13...she failed to mention that to him), and took me out to lunch shortly after my 18th birthday. When my grandfather passed, I was interested in getting my daughter a new grampa, tracked him down, and told him he had a granddaughter. In half an hour, he didn't ask her birthday or her name. I never talked to him again. He died a few years later and I found out a couple years after that. My birth mother is still alive, and largely responsible for the mess I was when I left her house. I still see her on occasion at family funerals, etc (my mom and mother are sisters), but have no hole in my life that I need her to fill. I've offered to rebuild a relationship with her, but was also quite clear that while it could become a friendly, familial relationship, I already have a mom who I love dearly and I have zero interest in replacing her or even augmenting her role in my life. When she realized I wouldn't be her meal ticket or vindicate her mistakes, she lost interest.

I love my mom & dad dearly, and am grateful for all they've done for me. I appreciate the contributions my birth mother and father made to my life, but those were pretty much binary at conception/birth and I consider them trivial with regard to who I am today.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)