ACMESkydiver

15 Years Clean...But Not Sober. Does it Matter?

You're just upset that he's got more time than you ;):)

If jaye wants to say she's clean be it TRUELY or other wise, who's business is it to contradict that.
NO ONEs.

Well, she did ask for opinions in her post, didn't she?

Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. :D

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

It matters A LOT how long someone has been clean and sober. IF you are clean and sober you should know this. And, just for your information, I try not to sit anywhere near smokers.

And, just for the record, I AM NOT contradicting whether she is clean or not. Only she, or someone with a lab test, can make that call.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You're just upset that he's got more time than you ;):)

[Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. :D

But you dont I got 3 years over you you said you got 14, sucker, I got 17 :ph34r::ph34r:
As to the heat, I carry a flame thrower :ph34r::ph34r:Come get some heat:P

We should organise a night out on the town for all the CnS jumpers, we can do a pub crawl and empty the bars of their Coke and Lemonade:D:D:D:D

I SO want to do that 10 people walk in bar an order nothing but coke all night :D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

eh 1 minute or 21 years....same thing. We're all one second away from taking something. :P Sure, a night out with the CnS sober gang as the local pub sounds like it would be a real riot. I get a kick out of watching drunk people nowadays. Makes me really really grateful.

I'm a vegetarian...

But I eat fish. And well, yeah, sometimes chicken too.

But, but, think of the animals!!

(j/k) ;)

I don't care if someone calls themselves vegetarian, sober, or straight edge etc. (is that still around??) It's only annoying when people try to shove their holier-than-thou views and labels into someone else's face and it turns out the shover is a hypocrite.

This wasn't directed at Jaye. She seems like a very truthful and tolerant person. I'm just ranting.

I've always thought "clean" meant free of drugs and "sober" meant free of booze. I think that's right, but could be wrong.

I've always thought "clean" meant free of drugs and "sober" meant free of booze. I think that's right, but could be wrong.

That's also my take on it.
In NA meetins (here in OZ) you identify as CLEAN Just for today. in AA meetings here in OZ you ID as SOBER Just for today.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's also my take on it.
In NA meetins (here in OZ) you identify as CLEAN Just for today. in AA meetings here in OZ you ID as SOBER Just for today.

That's the way it is here in Norcal too. It varies from place to place I am sure. Norcal has it's share of NA Nazis that will enforce it upon you at meeting level if you identify otherwise or say sober too many times.

Yup, it matters. Matters to me.

14 yrs myself Aug 15.

Congrats on that...and tbrown, and everyone else that's mentioned their own victory in this thread. I'm proud of all y'all. B|

"Does it make your life unmanageable and do you become powerless over your addiction?"

That's the best definition I think I've heard to describe an addiction...

That's why I feel that 15 yrs drug-free is a victory, as it controlled me...having drinks with friends once or twice per month doesn't control my life in the slightest. I never crave the stuff; I enjoy it about as much and as frequently as I have a soda pop of any sort...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.