Squeak

cheap Cell phones

can i buy a cheap prepaid cell phone for my jaunt in the states?
something i can just leave behind at the end?

Our bands here are different to the states
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

if you use GSM, get them unlocked and stick any prepaid SIM card, and you'll be good to go...
Other wise you are stuck with cheap pre-paid phone.

dont you guys work on a triband system there?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

dont you guys work on a triband system there?

They work on the patchwork quilt system there. It's archaic. Network operators "block" the phones so you cannot use it with other SP's sims.:D That went to court here 10 years back. If you buy a phone, whether on contract or cash - it's your phone. No one has the right to "block" it.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

The USA uses 850 & 1900 MHz for GSM, whereas the rest of the world uses 900 & 1800 MHz.

A lot of newer phones will handle all these bands, meaning you can just drop a SIM card in. What model phone do you have? (I'm off in 15 min, so if I don't reply, PM me).

The USA uses 850 & 1900 MHz for GSM, whereas the rest of the world uses 900 & 1800 MHz.

A lot of newer phones will handle all these bands, meaning you can just drop a SIM card in. What model phone do you have? (I'm off in 15 min, so if I don't reply, PM me).

LOL I have CMDA no sim card at all:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You can get a low-end phone on a pre-paid plan from any of the major carriers and MVNOs here. AT&T and Verizon are similarly priced. If you go into any Wal-Mart you should be able to find TracFone too. Depending on what airport you arrive in, you should be able to pick up a pre-paid phone there.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

You can get a low-end phone on a pre-paid plan from any of the major carriers and MVNOs here. AT&T and Verizon are similarly priced. If you go into any Wal-Mart you should be able to find TracFone too. Depending on what airport you arrive in, you should be able to pick up a pre-paid phone there.

Thanks Max :)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks Max :)

No problem.

If you get stuck finding one of the "big brand ones" (hard to imagine), 7-Eleven convenience stores have a pre-paid services, or go to Disneyland and get a "Disney Mobile". But, if you fly into LAX, or JFK, you'll certainly find a vendor before you leave the airport.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

can i buy a cheap prepaid cell phone for my jaunt in the states?
something i can just leave behind at the end?

Our bands here are different to the states

When we get the dates i will get you one sorted out
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?