Squeak

What head protection do you use?

before anyone reads lewds crap into the thread save it for a Cocheese, Thantos or turtle post.

Since I'm rebuilding my bike I figure I'll splurge on a new helmet, my current one is a tad old.
So what full face helmets are all you motorcycle riders wearing?
I'm not interested in MotoGP/Superbike look alike lids.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Right now I rock a Shoei X-11. Best helmet I have ever owned. Super comfortable, light, and quiet enough. The RF-1000 is plenty nice as well. Honestly, you can't go wrong with a Shoei, Arai, or a Suomy (Can never spell that right). I would stay away from all the gimicky crap out there (Icon, HJC.....). Although one alternative is the Scorpion EXO-700. Not quite as good as the ones I mentioned above, but for $200.00 they are a lot of bang for your buck. Scorpion was actually supposed to come out with a sweet new helmet this summer but it hasn't happened yet. It has an inner tinted shield like on a fighter pilots helmet and an air bladder in the cheeks.

before anyone reads lewds crap into the thread save it for a Cocheese, Thantos or turtle post.

Since I'm rebuilding my bike I figure I'll splurge on a new helmet, my current one is a tad old.
So what full face helmets are all you motorcycle riders wearing?
I'm not interested in MotoGP/Superbike look alike lids.

Shoei . . .

:DOr Trojan - extra ribbed magnums - for her pleasure!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah.. I had a Mod 32. The "LOOOK... I am your FAAAATHER!!" helmet.:D

They seemed more popular among drag racers than bikers though.

t

Wouldn't that be, "LUKE . . . I am your FAAAATHER!!"?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well as far as DOT and Snell standards, helmets like HJC are designed to meet these standards while Shoei, Arai, and Suomy are exceeding these standards up to five years in advance. If your wondering where I get my info from I worked at numerous motorcycle dealerships for quite a few years and have had the oppurtunity to talk with loads of helmet manufacturers and sales reps. I have also tried out practically every helmet on the market. I've done my research. For my own benefit and for customers as well.

nobody knows what the new standards will be...
Snell ratings are 2005, HJC meets or exceed those as well as DOT ratings.
anything beyond those ratings is all style and COMFORT.

Big emphasis on comfort, cheap models ussually met the "safety" requirments but not so good in the wind noise, fit and comfort areas.
When you do 4-8 hour ride days you want a real comfy helmet.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you just made me remember a helment I had 20 years ago...when they first started making them with the chin spoiler...a cheeeeep helmet...the chin spoiler grabbed soooo much air that stoopid thing damn near pulled my head off at speed!
:S

Resurrecting an older thread. But I used to have a Shoei, now I'm on my second HJC. Why? Because the Shoei didn't fit as well. The HJC fits as though it were molded around my head. It's not the quietest, but I wear earplugs anyway.

I'd like to try an Australian or European version of the OGK. It's supposedly incredibly light. It just doesn't meet the Snell standards for a spike being rammed through the helmet (which I'll take a chance on). But they don't sell it in the US. But I'd at least like to try one on....

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I wear a Zampf halfshell, smallest I can get away with in Tennesse since we have a damn helmet law...fortunately I live in Memphis, so I cross the bridge to Arkansas and no helmet required on weekends as long as you are 18+ and have medical insurance.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...