RALFFERS

U.S. Nationals

I really don't think I should be the 1 making this post, after all, I only have 2 tandems and don't think that qualifies to call oneself a skydiver....but I'm getting an A next season and LOVE this sport....that's gotta count for something...:) Anyway, who is gonna' be at the Nationals over at SDC? I'm curious. Something about a bunch of skydivers getting together for food, drink jump and socialization sounds like SO much fun :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

as one who has been and competed in a few nationals, i'll let you know now, there wont be much socializing or drinking going on. That is hard core competition and most of the jumpers there train all year long for it and arent ready to give it up over a few drinks and a hangover. But after there disipline is done.....game on...the beer flows like the acient rivers of babalon
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

But after there disipline is done.....game on...the beer flows like the acient rivers of babalon

That's what I meant. None of that will be going on during the day or while jumping; that would just be stupid and dangerous. I didn't mean anything hardcore wither.

But after there disipline is done.....game on...the beer flows like the acient rivers of babalon

That's what I meant. None of that will be going on during the day or while jumping; that would just be stupid and dangerous. I didn't mean anything hardcore wither.

Even after jumping there will be very little drinking....they have to compete multiple days in a row. Each group will consume AFTER they have finished all the rounds for the division, which can take 2 days, 3 if weather factors in.

This is not a boogie, nor a *gathering*
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Even after jumping there will be very little drinking....they have to compete multiple days in a row. Each group will consume AFTER they have finished all the rounds for the division, which can take 2 days, 3 if weather factors in.

This is not a boogie, nor a *gathering*

Ok, OK, so I'm a bit misunderstood:$ My apologies. I was told by one of our jumpers that I should come and check it out, that's what gave me the boogie perspective. And before anyone gets the wrong idea....I really don't drink much.....

Ok, OK, so I'm a bit misunderstoodBlush My apologies. I was told by one of our jumpers that I should come and check it out, that's what gave me the boogie perspective. And before anyone gets the wrong idea....I really don't drink muc

And that they are correct about. It is fun to watch and be around the vibe of the competition. However while competing most of the competitors will be in their own world extremely busy and really not have much time to chit chat.

I worked the last Nationals at SDC and it was just incredible to be around everything. Definitely worth going and hanging out to watch as a spectator.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

By all means...GO! Whoever gave you that idea is to be commended!

You will undoubtedly learn something!

Pointers:
Try not to interfere with the competitors. Be respectful of them and don't interrupt their mind-frame.

Stand back and listen to them. During the jumping hours is not the time to be asking questions of them.

Watch what they are doing and how they go about doing it.

If they are hanging out socializing at night, you may ask your questions then but don't get offended if they don't want to talk about it.

Offer the organizers your services for assistance. Any help could be appreciated.

Take what you learn home with you and use it!

Oh...ask for an autograph at night...they'll either accomodate you or look at you like you have a dick growing out of your forehead.
:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239