ACMESkydiver

Dropzone.com HEALTH/WEIGHTLOSS Challenge! Awright! Woo-hoo!

How we doin', gang? B|

I have some good news and bad news! The good news is...I've lost 3 1/2 MORE pounds since Sunday! B|B|B| That brings my total to 23 1/2 pounds!

The bad news is -I have the flu and can't eat much, which is why I've lost 3 1/2 more pounds... :S

My brother gets sick...doesn't eat anything but milkshakes for 3 days...loses 15 pounds. I'm sick as a dog, living on chicken broth and pieces of protein bar, and I lose 3. WTF? :|>:(

Oh well! 3 down is better than 3 up...or staying the same. I thought I was done with the sickies yesterday, so I did 30 minutes on the treadmill to get exercising again (I hadn't worked out since Monday). Then it just all went downhill later on that evening. I woke up with a fever again this morning...poopie! I was scrubbing lil boy poopies out of the carpets, walls, bedding, etc this morning & I don't think all those cleaner fumes helped this stupid ol' throat. >:(

Anyhoo, how y'all doin'? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I've lost 6 pounds. Five more before the wedding would be good, 10 would be great, 15 and the dress alterations would cost too much. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

How we doin', gang? B|

I have some good news and bad news! The good news is...I've lost 3 1/2 MORE pounds since Sunday! B|B|B| That brings my total to 23 1/2 pounds!

The bad news is -I have the flu and can't eat much, which is why I've lost 3 1/2 more pounds... :S

My brother gets sick...doesn't eat anything but milkshakes for 3 days...loses 15 pounds. I'm sick as a dog, living on chicken broth and pieces of protein bar, and I lose 3. WTF? :|>:(

Oh well! 3 down is better than 3 up...or staying the same. I thought I was done with the sickies yesterday, so I did 30 minutes on the treadmill to get exercising again (I hadn't worked out since Monday). Then it just all went downhill later on that evening. I woke up with a fever again this morning...poopie! I was scrubbing lil boy poopies out of the carpets, walls, bedding, etc this morning & I don't think all those cleaner fumes helped this stupid ol' throat. >:(

Anyhoo, how y'all doin'? :)

I'm goin the other way... Gonna try and gain 30 lbs. in the next year.:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I'm refusing to weigh myself for a bit because its not an accurate measurement of fat mass vs. lean mass which is what I REALLY want to know.

However, this week in the gym I noticed my strength all over has increased majorly and as my endurance and cardio as well too..

Today I got my heart rate up to about 171 bpm while doing the resistance intervals up to level 12 of 20. I'm up to 6 miles in 20 min. :)

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I'm refusing to weigh myself for a bit because its not an accurate measurement of fat mass vs. lean mass which is what I REALLY want to know.

However, this week in the gym I noticed my strength all over has increased majorly and as my endurance and cardio as well too..

Today I got my heart rate up to about 171 bpm while doing the resistance intervals up to level 12 of 20. I'm up to 6 miles in 20 min. :)

I saw that my endurance just shot through the roof, too...after I took 3 days off from working out! Weird...:S And I;m finally getting to increase some weights on my strength training! Yippee! :)
PS...6 miles in 20 minutes is faster than the world record holder's pace; if you're running, I think you may have miscalculated that...;)
~Jaye

I'm goin the other way... Gonna try and gain 30 lbs. in the next year.:)

Well I can help you gain weight! I'm an expert at it! :):P

I know eating alone won't do it cuz I've tried that since high school... I have a buddy I work with that's gonna put me on a program though. If that doesn't work, there's always massive amounts of steroids:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I saw that my endurance just shot through the roof, too...after I took 3 days off from working out! Weird...:S And I;m finally getting to increase some weights on my strength training! Yippee! :)
PS...6 miles in 20 minutes is faster than the world record holder's pace; if you're running, I think you may have miscalculated that...;)

Hahahah i shouldve clarified that....that's 6 miles in 20 minutes on a bike.

I hate running. It was always punishment for me for sports in college and high school.
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

...I'm sick as a dog, living on chicken broth and pieces of protein bar, and I lose 3. :)

It's likely that the high sodium content of the chicken broth is making you retain water.

Plus, take a look at the calories and other contents of the protein bar. You have to watch sugars and carbs in protein supplements as well as anything else, and that's something a lot of people don't realize.

Try this, especially if you're still sick: Go to the health food store and get some Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Put about a tablespoon in a big glass of ice water, along with a splash of lemon juice, and drink at least once a day after you've eaten. It's so good for you. If the tablespoon is too much to handle, then put in less at first.
Roll Tide Roll

Been running again lately, dropped back down to 1.5 miles to work my speed back up. Ran 2 miles again finally, below 8 minutes per mile, so I'm happy about that. Been doing at least 150 ab exercises everyday, either flutterkicks or situps, with arm haulers for lower back, and pushups and pullups on alternating days. Unfortunately, based on simple and rough calculations, my body fat is probably sitting around 16-18%. My gut is trimming down slightly, but still not quite enough to see my abs, so it's time to really get serious, double my numbers and add crunches. Time to get the body fat down to below 10%.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Regarding ab exercises or push-ups: if you're going for in-service training standards, in the military, we counted off:

1, 2, 3, "one"
1, 2, 3 "two"'

for flutter kicks, that's kick, kick, kick, "ONE" on the next kick. For push-ups, it was down, up, down, "ONE" on the up...so in training & daily PT, we were doing more than just one for one.

That's not the same as testing -testing was one push-up equals one, but for PT (especially if you're looking at any kind of hard core unit) you'll most likely be doing 3 counts.

You might want to keep that in mind when you're training. It sure was a shock when I got to training and I thought I was gonna be ok...shyeah. :S:ph34r:

~Jaye

Plus, take a look at the calories and other contents of the protein bar. You have to watch sugars and carbs in protein supplements as well as anything else, and that's something a lot of people don't realize.

The snack bars I eat are 160 cal, and low carb, high protein...they're good stuff.

Try this, especially if you're still sick: Go to the health food store and get some Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Put about a tablespoon in a big glass of ice water, along with a splash of lemon juice, and drink at least once a day after you've eaten. It's so good for you. If the tablespoon is too much to handle, then put in less at first.

I have apple cider vinegar...I cook with it all the time. What benefits does drinking it in water have?
~Jaye

I have apple cider vinegar...I cook with it all the time. What benefits does drinking it in water have?

I'm about to head out right now (I work in a gym) but will be back early afternoon (after lunch with that dastardly Billy Vance), and will try to get back with you then. If I forget, PM me later today.

In the meantime, Google "benefits organic apple cider vinegar" I will attest to almost anything you find.

John
Roll Tide Roll

Oh yeah, I've already taken that into account. The pushups I'm simply working myself into condition, I haven't done many pushups over the years, but once I have a baseline, I'm pushing it over the moon. Flutterkicks are already a 4-count as per Stew Smith, so that's not a problem.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

OK, so I promised myself I'd push it harder, and so far I am. No running today, doing that tomorrow so I don't burn out right away. 220 situps, 150 pushups, 100 side crunches per side, and it's just approaching 12:30 pm here, still got another 10 hours or more of awake time. Could still double those numbers, and I'll probably try.

Coast Guard Basic is gonna have nothing on me. Time to make it as a Rescue Swimmer. B|

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
did I say apple cider vinegar?

I meant Apollonia 6...

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU6FWkCIWKs[url]

How do you make something highlight where you can click on it for a clever link?

I give up...no more drinkin' an' postin'...
Roll Tide Roll

39 lbs.
Hot Yoga
Baron Baptiste Yoga!
Love it!

Can't afford it! :D:D:D

39 pounds is great, good for you. B|

Seriously though, the closest places that do hot (I think they call it hatha yoga or something like that?!) are far too many miles away & I couldn't afford the gas and the yoga. I'm already paying for a gym membership...:P

I should get back to the pilates. I think I'm in better condition to give it an honest try again...
~Jaye

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
did I say apple cider vinegar?

I meant Apollonia 6...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU6FWkCIWKs

How do you make something highlight where you can click on it for a clever link?

I give up...no more drinkin' an' postin'...

~Jaye