Skootz

Free Airline Ticket - - Where Should I Go??

I have a free airline ticket to anywhere in the continental US that I have to use before February. I live in Idaho and want to get the most out of the ticket. I don't have a lot of cash so I was hoping for a fairly inexpensive place, i.e. not NYC or Miami. Where would you go for a get away?

Colorado would be my choice, but it's a bigger trip from Alabama than from Idaho.

Arizona is great. Key West around Christmas? Oh, oh, oh, Salem, Mass. at Halloween!

Or, tent-it at the Turkey Boogie at Z-hills, and you DEFINITELY won't be disappointed.
Roll Tide Roll

Atlanta. Several Great DZ`s Nearby. Friendly Natives (well mostly), The Fall is Great weather and then there is the "Everything under the Sun Boogie" coming up soon at that one DZ and The Halloween freely Festival at the other one.;)

Agree!
Roll Tide Roll

Atlanta sounds like a good idea. Is the weather still ok in November? I was thinking that would be a good time to go.

I am a new skydiver so I get nervous thinking about traveling somewhere and jumping, but ideally that is what I want to do. But then again Salem for Halloween sounds like an excellent idea too.

Atlanta for Halloween is what you rally want.:P

Imagine a Boogie with Carnival Rides, Little Blue People, Walking Trees and 100`s of Jumpers.

Actually the weather can get a little Chilly at night (by Georgia standards.. That means under 75 degrees.. below 60 and it is time to break out the Long Johns around here) but the day time is great.

Or even better Mid October for the "Everything under the Sun Boogie" at the Farm. It has well everything under the sun.:D And it will be less crowded and more suitable for a newer jumper. Free camping and a bunk house available. Probably even find you a ride from the airport. Very cost effective.

Atlanta sounds like a good idea. Is the weather still ok in November? I was thinking that would be a good time to go.

I am a new skydiver so I get nervous thinking about traveling somewhere and jumping, but ideally that is what I want to do. But then again Salem for Halloween sounds like an excellent idea too.

I wasn't clear whether this was a jump trip when I first answered. If I were coming from as far as you to jump in November, I would definitely do the Turkey Boogie at Z-hills (I'll probably be there myself). Atlanta would be great too (well, certain places) but I just always get a smile when I think of Skydive City at Thanksgiving.
Roll Tide Roll

I wanted to be home for Thanksgiving. I swear half of my family was born around Thanksgiving...myself included. Plus my family isn't supportive of my skydiving to begin with...missing out on birthdays and Thanksgiving I think would push them over the edge. The way my parents react you would think I am 17 not 27. I know it means they care, but it is just frustrating at times.

The way my parents react you would think I am 17 not 27. I know it means they care, but it is just frustrating at times.

The same goes for my parents and I'm 42. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have a free airline ticket to anywhere in the continental US that I have to use before February. I live in Idaho and want to get the most out of the ticket. I don't have a lot of cash so I was hoping for a fairly inexpensive place, i.e. not NYC or Miami. Where would you go for a get away?

I say you give it to meso I can go to the farm next month... you know... as a birthday present.B|:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Atlanta. Several Great DZ`s Nearby. Friendly Natives (well mostly), The Fall is Great weather and then there is the "Everything under the Sun Boogie" coming up soon at that one DZ and The Halloween freely Festival at the other one.;)

Are you unaffiliated?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am going to call the airline tonight and see if I can book my ticket for then. I hope so...it sounds like a fun time.

Ahhh, that's another thing. You may be limited to your destinations. I mean, it's all a matter of how much time you have as how much you want to fly into somewhere and have to get somewhere else - example (but obviously not in your case) Southwest flies into Birmingham & Tampa, but not Atlanta, so arranging a ride is another thing to consider. I would guess, though that your ticket will take you to Atlanta.
Roll Tide Roll

A friend gave me a free ticket for anywhere in the US and I flew from Austin to Tampa in February. If you're not looking to make it a complete skydiving trip, and want to go somewhere warm, go to Florida. One day you can be swimming with the manatees, the next you can be in Z-hills jumping. B|

*Note - there are higher populations of manatees November thru March...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself