MB38

BoneHead Zeus

Anybody have any information on or experience with this helmet? I can't seem to find it on BH's site, but I noticed it on page 115 of the #71 ParaGear catalog. It's certainly one of the most "original" looking camera helmets I've ever seen, I'll be interested to see how stable a camera platform it is.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

This page says now that it's available.

Has someone bought it? And what do you think, in that case?
If anyone has pictures of it "in real life", it would be nice to post them!
"We call on the common man to rise up in revolt against this evil of typographical ignorance."
http://bancomicsans.com

Very sweet, we had one for a Sports Xtreme show, back in July and it worked out very nicely. We had Chris' prototype/personal helmet. Didn't take shots of me wearing it, just shots of it in a showcase. It's outfitted with a HyPeye and Goldmember, but it's got a recess on the front left cheek for a CamEye type switch.
I uploaded a couple pix to this page for those interested.
The blue has a flame on one side, somewhat hard to see in this pic.
On my head, it wasn't so attractive under my eyes because I have fat cheeks, so it pushes my cheek fat up towards my eyes. I looked like the kid in the "chubby" jokes. But it did stay in place very, very well. This one is set up for top vs side mount, but of course it goes side mount very nicely. I never jumped it with the side mount attached.
One feature I think some will either love or hate is the small "brow" over the eyes. Definitely helps keep the head up, but it also acts like an air "port" that you'll hear a low rumbling from, or at least I did. It makes placing the HyPeye or other cam indicator very easy to place, because it's "over" the eye rather than requiring the ringsight. With a ringsight mounted, the brow and the ringsight create a fairly smooth space that a riser isn't going to get under very easily.
The helmet is very comfortable,
Routing cable is very simple with the full liner as well. I couldn't drill this one as it was a prototype, but it wasn't necessary. I put 10-12 jumps on it before I had to return it to Bonehead.
Although it doesn't look like it, I was able to fit a pair of TimeOut audibles in the ears without feeling them pressuring my ears like they do in my older Optik or Mindwarp.

HTH

Here's an amigo jumping it. The only pic I had was blurry but here ya go. The file name is just what I was calling the series over the April 1 weekend.

I think the helmet is pretty dope. It holds the camera EXTREMELY well without putting all the force on a chin cup.

I do say it's not for the flabby faced.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher