RALFFERS

Someone care to explain the paranormal to me?

Ok..as funny and/or stupid this may sound, I'm not making it up... Last night I fell asleep watching TV and woke up a couple hours later and turned it off. It was around 1:30 am by this time, and I lied in bed trying to sleep for what seemed like eternity. I know why I wasn't able to sleep-there's been a lot on my mind, Fair enough. What I don't know is what caused what happened next. First I hear a heavy object fall right outside my bedroom/in the kitchen, and then my bed started shaking (if you've seen the Exorcist-it wasn't THAT bad, but close.) It started, then decreased in intensity, and then intensified before coming to a stop; the whole thing lasted 5-10 seconds. It didn't freak me out really-I picked up my phone to note the time (it was 3:41 am), thought about it for a minute or 2 (in in effort to rationalize what just happened) and than lurked DZ.com before going back to sleep. I'm really curious what it was. I've had weird stuff happen to me before, but that was mostly over 11 years ago, around the time my dad died. It consisted mostly of objects flying around the house.; nothing harmful. And about the thing that "fell" right before all this occurred...nothing did, but I asked other people who were in the house and they confirmed also hearing something.

Again, no I'm not making any of this up; I wasn't half asleep/dreaming (I could tell you exactly what I was thinking at the time), I don't live anywhere near train tracks and earthquakes don't happen in Chicago. Any takers on this 1? I'm really curious to hears peoples thoughts...

Edited for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/ There, check these guys out. They are on the sci-fi channel every wednesday night. They try and disprove everything with technology. Awesome show.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Why is it that when things can't be explained by some people it's assumed that the paranormal is involved?

I mean, it's kind of obvious that when primative man couldn't explain lightning he invented Thor, but FFS we live in a time where we actually KNOW what causes lightning.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Why is it that when things can't be explained by some people it's assumed that the paranormal is involved?

I mean, it's kind of obvious that when primative man couldn't explain lightning he invented Thor, but FFS we live in a time where we actually KNOW what causes lightning.

i agree with you in that we know much more now than we did even 10-20 years ago, having said that, some things remain unexplained. I'm all for a logical and rational solution...

We know what wins sporting events too, but that doesn't stop everyone from saying it wasn't possible without Jesus.

My question: If the other team is religious as well.... how does Jesus decide who wins?:D

LMAO! :D

It's based on the sacrifice offered before the game. A few coins in the collection plate, they sacrifice a chicken; they win. You sacrifice a chicken, they sacrifice a goat; they win. You sacrifice a goat, they sacrifice a virgin; they win. You sacrifice a virgin, they sacrifice a virgin; now things get interesting.

It's based on the sacrifice offered before the game. A few coins in the collection plate, they sacrifice a chicken; they win. You sacrifice a chicken, they sacrifice a goat; they win. You sacrifice a goat, they sacrifice a virgin; they win. You sacrifice a virgin, they sacrifice a virgin; now things get interesting.

I'm dying og laughter over here! :D:D:D:D...........Owe.........

yeah but what happens if alabama and mississippi play. Where the fuck do they find a virgin?

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Paranormal means you have a good canopy.

Duh!

man the booze is kicking in it took me about a minute to get that one..Please make it less subtle for the mentally challenged

An where the hell do you suppose they're going to find a virgin (let alone two) in this day an age;)

Gone fishing