ACMESkydiver

Dropzone.com HEALTH/FITNESS/WEIGHT LOSS Qwest for THIS WEEK!!

First off, you can start at any time. Just because you BLEW IT last weekend does NOT mean that you are doomed to live an unhealthy life forever! Pick yourself back up, and start again. You will be healthier the second you do...B|

Ok now that I've given myself a personal pep-talk, let's get into what's doin':

When I had the flu, I hardly ate so I lost some weight...but I hardly worked out, too, so I lost some endurance and muscle. :S I felt that when I went back at it on Tuesday. Ugh, I was out until today (and for the love of Pete people; do not skip your stretching when you workout!! B|B|B|) Worst mistake I've made is warm-up, then skip the stretch, then weight training, then skip the stretch because I had to get home. B|B|B|

After an incredibly decadent birthday weekend and being a total slacker at the gym :ph34r:, I am at about 22 pounds lost total. One size down in clothing -just one because I'm still wearing the same clothes in my closet, and the size tends to be different from brand to brand...but at least I can get into the next group down of clothes in my 'range of fit' of clothes in my closet. Still not down to my smallest fit clothes, but I will be!!! B|

I know it's 'faddish' but I bought some extra virgin coconut oil and have been taking about 3 teaspoons per day in my tea because I read that some people with Thyroid Disease (hypo, like me) have found tremendous benefits in the disease symptoms including metabolic control on it. Well I've only been doing that for about 3 days, so we'll see. :P

Oh, and I do take about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in my bottle o' water after I eat a full meal like someone on here suggested...it at least gets more water into my system! :P

I'm trying to eat smarter carbs (no whites, except this diet panini on white bread I just ate!) combined with lower calories...not eating at nights, etc.

I'm taking an OTC appetite suppresant because I have a HORRIBLE time not eating at night. I think I'll try drinking low-caffeine tea and see if that helps with the need to eat something at night.

ANyhoo, how are you doing? Anyone starting something new? Getting back on track? Making a decision? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hanging in there. Its been a bad week eating wise (blame the hormones) but I've worked out every day. I haven't lost any weight this week, but I don't think I've really gained any either- maybe a pound?? Considering the way I've been eating all week, one pound isn't bad at all!

I ran out of personal training sessions and I'm trying to work more into the budget. I've seen good results already in the short time I've been working with him and I want to keep that going. He's shown me a lot of things I can do on my own, but workouts with him help to keep me on track!

Oh, and I did have to buy some new clothes for the fall and do some long overdue closet cleaning.

Oh, and I do take about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in my bottle o' water after I eat a full meal like someone on here suggested...it at least gets more water into my system!

Excellent. You won't regret it. I know it personally, not only with "testing" it on my now-convinced friends, but for myself.

I am a weightlifter/trainer, but not what I would consider when I think "body builder," (think maybe, Caucasian Vin Diesel when I'm training hard, and think really, really hard). I am not naturally a linebacker (thinner), so I have a fine line between getting too many calories with the extra protein, and not getting enough. One of the vinegar benefits is it helps to keep off the retained water with some supplements.
Roll Tide Roll

Been working out everyday this week, but the last few days have been the toughest. Wednesday I did 2 miles running in 16 minutes, then some suicides to 20 yds in 5 yd increments, then a change-of-direction exercise sprinting forward along the sideline of the football field 10 yds, then side shuffle to midfield, sprint forward, karaoke to the sideline, sprint forward, etc, to the other endzone. That was a fun one. Then I came home and did 25 pullups in sets of 5.

Yesterday I did 300 situps in sets of 25, 200 side crunches per side in sets of 25, 150 reverse crunches, and 200 arm haulers in sets of 25.

Today I did 300 pushups in sets of 25, and 50 pullups in sets of 5.

Fun little workouts. Not feeling the burn the day after though, which means I'm not working out hard enough. I gotta bump it up a notch. Cutting down on fat and building muscle for sure, gained 5 lbs of muscle in the last few weeks, but that means nothing if I'm not feeling the burn. Still got a ways to go before I'm in shape to become a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Short addendum to what I wrote.

Yesterday I ran 2 miles in 15:25, more like the pace I should be setting, and I didn't come out of it sweating balls or totally winded and sore, which is good. Then I did a few sets of suicides, and that directional drill to build my ankles for fin swimming again this Thursday once the indoor pool reopens.

Then I went back home, and while I was watching a little news, did another 200 situps. I'm still feeling a little bit of the burn from the pushups and pullups Friday night, so it seems I worked out hard enough, and my ankles are certainly burning from yesterday.

Coast Guard drill instructors are gonna have nothin' on me. B|

"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

How sad is it that it took me two days to realize that you have been completely brainwashed by the corporate sponsor of your beloved Seahawks?

Qwest looked perfectly normal to me. :S:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How sad is it that it took me two days to realize that you have been completely brainwashed by the corporate sponsor of your beloved Seahawks?

Qwest looked perfectly normal to me. :S:D

Holy shnikeys it took me a few minutes to figure out WTH you were saying!!!

Joe is laughing at me. :$:P:ph34r:
~Jaye

Coast Guard drill instructors are gonna have nothin' on me. B|

Absolutely! What an incredible fitness habit. B| I can't wait to be able to report some better numbers for myself, even if I'm not aiming as high as you are. :)
Very proud of you, buddy. When I enlisted, I just dieted down to an acceptable weight, showed up, and said, "Make me into what I'm s'posed to be." :ph34r: -Obviously they had a loooong ways to go with my non-runnin' butt. :P
~Jaye

I've always been pegged as a runner by professors, new friends, friends of friends, etc. Everyone knows I work out.

As for my goal for enlistment, I want to show up in better shape than 99% of candidates going through Basic. I just want to show my instructors, and eventually my first CO, that I'm the best, and that I'm worth their recommendation to AST A School. I WILL make it.

As for numbers, just keep shooting for X number, and always make that number a little higher than you think you can really do. Works for me. B|

Well is has been 2 years since my last report. Up 10lbs, now 50lbs from my goal :( But I just kicked a bad habit. Got to restart the lifestyle changes again. Anyone know a good way to stop sliding back into old bad habits other than kicking yourself because you cant jump [:/]

Well is has been 2 years since my last report. Up 10lbs, now 50lbs from my goal :( But I just kicked a bad habit. Got to restart the lifestyle changes again. Anyone know a good way to stop sliding back into old bad habits other than kicking yourself because you cant jump [:/]

I sent a PM to someone else about this...setting goals and seeing your life lived when that goal is reached really helps me. I can see how it's going to be easier to buy clothes off the rack, easier to keep up with the kids, how I will have more energy, be able to run that 5k and keep up with little Jaleesa...go hiking with Joe and the kids, etc. Run our service dog(s) every morning so (s)he will stay in shape...how everything will be improved with better health.

Good luck. Stay in touch; accountability to others is very helpful as well. ;)
~Jaye

So how does one join this cool little club? Because I seem to not be able to do it on my own, much to my dismay. I gained about 25lbs in a little over a year while I was studying arabic... and its soo hard to get anything to come off. AND, I did a PT eval last week that i Totally sucked at... kinda my very late wake up call.

I'm great at team stuff-and I can do miraculous things when I have someone screaming at me (basic training for example) but left to my own devices, there always seems to be a million things I have to do instead of working out, and if i have only healthy food in my apartment, then I usually just go out.

So... really. how do i become a member? Cause i wanna be down 22lbs! Heck, I want to be down 50, but I'll take whatever I can get! I also Really need to get to working out again pretty seriously pretty soon. I have survival school that just might kill me coming up in december.

#1, what I usually tell people after New Year's Day, you CANNOT stop smoking, join a gym, and go on a diet all at the same time, and have any success. Did your tackling of the issues one-on-one work before? Obviously not. Why do you think that taking them all on at the same time will be advantageous?

Baby steps.

Every day you change your behavior, and improve your habits, you are making yourself better.

I am a sweet tea addict. Now, every time I make a gallon, I pour out a minute amount of processed white sugar. I mean, a MINUTE amount...a few grains. Not the best scenario, but still, getting better all the time.
Roll Tide Roll

Hanging in there. Its been a bad week eating wise (blame the hormones) but I've worked out every day. I haven't lost any weight this week, but I don't think I've really gained any either- maybe a pound?? Considering the way I've been eating all week, one pound isn't bad at all!

Just a pound a week is really not bad. During my rather 'hormonal' week, I usually see the scale move up to 3 pounds even if I am doing NOTHING different. Then it drops back down. I tend to retain a bunch o' water.

I ran out of personal training sessions and I'm trying to work more into the budget. I've seen good results already in the short time I've been working with him and I want to keep that going. He's shown me a lot of things I can do on my own, but workouts with him help to keep me on track!

It is much easier when you've got someone right there giving you that direct input and motivation (good or bad; I worked harder when I was yelled at, and worked harder when I was encouraged both).

Oh, and I did have to buy some new clothes for the fall and do some long overdue closet cleaning.

Hooray! B|
~Jaye

During my rather 'hormonal' week, I usually see the scale move up to 3 pounds even if I am doing NOTHING different. Then it drops back down. I tend to retain a bunch o' water.

Don't you hate that?! I freaked out on Sat. morning because I gained 2.5 pounds overnight, even though I thought I was "good" on Friday. Then I remembered...:S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Another thing I would suggest to everyone is to pick a day of the week, and weigh yourself then, and then only.

It should be after you have done #2, and before you have eaten, to get your most accurate weight - I mean, some days after Los Arcos one may carry around over a pound for a little while.

I see people at the gym weight themselves as soon as they arrive, then in the middle of their workout, then again before they leave.
Roll Tide Roll

I tend to weigh myself every morning but also try to average my weight throughout the week. I pay more attention to how my clothes fit and how I feel than the number on the scale, but I still like it when that number goes down! :$ Since I've got one of those bady fat monitor scales, sometimes I'll also weigh in after I come home from a workout- I usually weigh a little more than I do first thing in the morning, but my body fat % is a little lower.

Since I've got one of those bady fat monitor scales, sometimes I'll also weigh in after I come home from a workout- I usually weigh a little more than I do first thing in the morning, but my body fat % is a little lower.

I am ordering one of those this morning. -I thought I had already bought it...guess I put it in my 'cart' and forgot to finish the transaction! :$ I was wondering why shipping was taking so long! :o:ph34r:
~Jaye

Body weight fluctuates so much during the day due to water and food intake, hence the prior suggestion. Another suggestion to show this, you could do what I said along with what you do now, and track it. See how much the one specific time changes over a month, as compared to all the other times you weigh. Still, if you are weighing a lot, be sure to at least try to be consistent in the time relative to your eating and bathroom habits.

It's so odd. I used to think people who were anorexic were just mentally ill and stupid. I no longer think that way at all, because I am equal-opposite - I panic if my weight drops to 210. I like to be about 218, but it's hard to maintain it.
Roll Tide Roll

Honestly, I think people who are serious about weight loss and/or fitness programs adopt many behaviors associated with eating disorders- frequent weigh-ins, calorie counting, extra workouts after a particularly indulgent weekend. The key is not to take it to an obsessive or unhealthy level, I guess.

And yes, I typically weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I pee .........

Since I've got one of those bady fat monitor scales, sometimes I'll also weigh in after I come home from a workout- I usually weigh a little more than I do first thing in the morning, but my body fat % is a little lower.

I am ordering one of those this morning. -I thought I had already bought it...guess I put it in my 'cart' and forgot to finish the transaction! :$ I was wondering why shipping was taking so long! :o:ph34r:

I have a love hate relationship with mine. I still call it the "Insult-O-Meter" and it still calls me FAT! I was hoping it was a bit off, but they used a machine on me at the gym that gave about the same reading. (I swear, most of my fat is in my boobs now!:P) Whenever anyone tells me how good I look these days, I go back to my trusty scale that reminds me I still have work to do ........