RkyMtnHigh

Ebay Frustration

I have been "outbid" at the last minute by 50 CENTS! Grrrrrrrr...

*sigh* 50 stupid copper pennies........I suppose I need to be quicker on the "send" button at 4 seconds til the auction is over;)

:D:ph34r:...til next time I suppose *shrug*:)

I have been "outbid" at the last minute by 50 CENTS! Grrrrrrrr...

*sigh* 50 stupid copper pennies........I suppose I need to be quicker on the "send" button at 4 seconds til the auction is over;)

:D:ph34r:...til next time I suppose *shrug*:)

Bidding even an extra $2 may not have helped in that case because E-bay uses a proxy bidding system where the maximum is private.

An item with a current high of $90 and increment of $.50 may have a current high bidder with a $100 maximum. If I bid anything between $90.50 and $99.50 as a maximum they're going to win at $.50 more than me regardless of when I submit the bid.

Auction Sniper can help you with that, giving you the option to set your maximum price and the seconds before the end of the auction that you would like to activate your snipe. They'll even give you five free snipes, last I checked. It's helped me a few times.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.