simplyputsi

What happened to haunted houses??

So I went to the "big" atlanta haunted house this weekend. I was not sure what to expect, but being billed as the #1 in the country I thought for sure I would be screaming my head off.

Right
errr no.
It was put together well. The stuff they had was cool, but far from scary really. Even the chainsaw guy was not scary and I'm usually terrified of that guy. The person I went with agreed that the scare factor really wasn't there.
I asked others and they all agree, they are not what they used to be.
I remember going to one where a doctor was ripping guts out of someone and throwing them close to you, while the person screamed for help. What happened to that stuff??
Are we too uptight for that now?

Anyone else think they are kind of lame these days?
Skymama's #2 stalker -

You SOB!!!!!!:P

Well even the younger people were like yeah ok. A few were scared I guess, mostly teenage girls.

I do think mneal has it right though. Wouldn't want to give the kids and emotional distress or some crap like that. God forbid they didn't get a good nights sleep because they saw some "bad" fake stuff.

I swear I'm brewing up putting on a real haunted house next year. I'd scare the shiznit out of people. And yeah, there would be a waiver involved. Shhh at $25 a pop and the line I stood in, that place is making super bank.

I just want to see the good old houses back dangit!!

Skymama's #2 stalker -

I used to be scared at the Haunted Mansion at Disney. Now I just laugh at it. Pssst...it's not real. ;):P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Took my kids and their friends saturday night...Trail of Terror. My 12 yo daughter and her freind never even made it out of the waiting line to pay. They totally freaked when some guy in a costume came up to them. They ran away screaming and crying. At the time we thought it was funny (my 16yo son and his friend)
but once we got inside there was a girl younger than my daughter who was really losing it. I felt bad for her...probably scarred for life or something.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne