Will Hamilton be F1 World Campion tomorrow?

Alonso, Raikkonen, or Hamilton will be F1 World Champion tomorrow after the race in Brazil. They have 103, 100, and 107 points respectively.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I'm rooting for Alonso, Wouldn't be to upset if Raikkonen wins, Couldn't stand the thought of that little two faced British git winning

This is the first time I've really paid much attention to F1, so I didn't start with any faviorites. So I'm rooting for Hamilton just because he will set so many records.

Do you think he had any ting to do with the espionage deal?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Alonso, Raikkonen, or Hamilton will be F1 World Champion tomorrow after the race in Brazil. They have 103, 100, and 107 points respectively.

Almost certainly yesB|

Zep: How can you possibly think Alonso has acted more respectably than Hamilton this year? He's thrown his toys out of the pram and slagged off his boss at every single opportunity. A few days ago Nikki Lauda said that if he was Ron Dennis he'd present Alonso with a lawsuit for breach of contract:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Do you think he had any ting to do with the espionage deal?

Absolutely no evidence to suggest that Hamilton knew anything about it - if indeed there was anything to know about in terms of illegally gained information being actively used by the team. If anything, De La Rosa and Alonso were getting some information and were actively keeping it from Hamilton.

I don't know if the drivers had anything to do with the espionage, I hope not.

Jakee,
When Ron Dennis signed Alonso he knew exactly what he was getting, When Dennis started showing favoritism to his second driver I think
Alonso had every right to throw a few tantrums,

Alonso is the kind of person that will call a spade a spade, thats the typical Spanish attitude.
Hamilton from what I've seen will smile at your face whilst stabbing you in the back (my opinion)

Gone fishing

...and whoever wins... are they going to NASCAR, too?:D

Only the guys who can't win in F1 go to NASCAR;)

Well, considering, NASCAR is the most watched, drivers get bocoup bucks, not to mention, more 'attention' and with Villeneuve, Franchitti and others 'making the move'... I just figured F-1 guys would follow.:D
Looks to me like, those 'good ol' boys' who ran 'shine', had a good idea!

Chuck

Are there boobs involved?

That's another reason!

Chuck

you didn't answer my question--are there boobs?

Yeah, one or two! Franchitti, just screwed-up and wrecked-out (truck race) I thought you said 'boobies'!:$
...and yes, there are boobies, too!

Chuck

Well, considering, NASCAR is the most watched,

Only in the USA.

drivers get bocoup bucks

Y'wanna talk boucoup bucks? In 2004 (the first set of figures I found) Jeff Gordon was the highest total earner in NASCAR taking home $19.3Mil. Michael Schumacher took home $80Mil. More than 4 times as much!

That's some really easy financial maths there - even for a redneck;)

not to mention, more 'attention'

Only in the USA. Everywhere else F1 has more money, more glamour, more attention, more everything.

I don't blame you for getting confused though, you're an American. The concept of a Global sport is obviously alien to you:D

When Ron Dennis signed Alonso he knew exactly what he was getting, When Dennis started showing favoritism to his second driver I think
Alonso had every right to throw a few tantrums,

Like what? Give me one documented case of favouritism from the team.

Alonso started getting pissy because he wasn't given preferential treatment, not equal treatment - and he is on record as saying that.

Hamilton makes $500,000 this year and his teammate Alonzo makes $10,000,000. I read somewhere that Ferrari might try to buy Hamilton for 2008 at over $40,000,000. Talk about a raise.

-NickDG

Hamilton makes $500,000 this year and his teammate Alonzo makes $10,000,000. I read somewhere that Ferrari might try to buy Hamilton for 2008 at over $40,000,000. Talk about a raise.

There was bit of talk a few races ago, but Raikkonen's got a contract at Ferrari 'till the end of 2009 and Massa's just resigned 'till 2010. No vacancies at Ferrari. Hamilton will stay at McLaren for a while, but you can be sure they're negotiating a massive raise! Can't see Alonso staying at Macca though:P

Edit: $10,000,000 is also a very low estimate for Alonso's salary this year. I haven't seen any figures that aren't well over twice that;)

Well, considering, NASCAR is the most watched,

Only in the USA.

drivers get bocoup bucks

Y'wanna talk boucoup bucks? In 2004 (the first set of figures I found) Jeff Gordon was the highest total earner in NASCAR taking home $19.3Mil. Michael Schumacher took home $80Mil. More than 4 times as much!

That's some really easy financial maths there - even for a redneck;)

not to mention, more 'attention'

Only in the USA. Everywhere else F1 has more money, more glamour, more attention, more everything.

I don't blame you for getting confused though, you're an American. The concept of a Global sport is obviously alien to you:D

I'll ignore all your snobbish little jabs. What I don't like is all these open-wheel drivers wanting to get into NASCAR! I don't know anything about F-1, I don't care about F-1. You have all the answers... you tell me!
Nice try with the 'laugh face'

Chuck

F1 racing is awesome because they actually have to do some technical driving

It is more than left turn left turn left turn left turn

Au contrer mon frer! Have you ever taken a close-up look at a Nextel Cup or Busch car? They also have road races where they don't just turn left. What I'm getting at is, with everyone laughing at NASCAR and making their jokes about it... why, do open wheel drivers want so badly to get into NASCAR? Hmmmmm...

Chuck

What I don't like is all these open-wheel drivers wanting to get into NASCAR!

Nascar pays well, but not as well as F1. What you are seeing are the drivers who went to F1 with a lot of fanfare, not do as good as they were billed, and not being able to get a contract with the top teams, while the lower tier teams dont want to afford the $ and drama to go with them.
Remster

What I don't like is all these open-wheel drivers wanting to get into NASCAR!

Nascar pays well, but not as well as F1. What you are seeing are the drivers who went to F1 with a lot of fanfare, not do as good as they were billed, and not being able to get a contract with the top teams, while the lower tier teams dont want to afford the $ and drama to go with them.

Thanks, Remmi! I think, you've answered my question.
Juan Pablo Montoya is a good example.:D NASCAR, has enough 'drama' with Kyle Bush and Tony Stewart! Stewart, is one who came from open-wheel and has really done good!

Chuck

There was bit of talk a few races ago, but Raikkonen's got a contract at Ferrari 'till the end of 2009 and Massa's just resigned 'till 2010. No vacancies at Ferrari. Hamilton will stay at McLaren for a while, but you can be sure they're negotiating a massive raise! Can't see Alonso staying at Macca though:P

Edit: $10,000,000 is also a very low estimate for Alonso's salary this year. I haven't seen any figures that aren't well over twice that;)

Good point about the $10,000,000. I came up with that number from one report that said Hamilton makes 1/20th what Alonzo makes, and another report that said hamilton makes $500,000. Alonzo should definitely be getting more than $10 Mil. The sites are linked below. Do you know anything about how F1 teams are financed? The cost of running a coulple cars for a season must be close to $500,000,000. Where do they get the money? The cars aren't exactly rolling billboards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6739559.stm

http://www.muchhalasworld.com/2007/05/31/rumour-hamilton-to-ferrari/

-NickDG