NtheSeaOrSky

Probably wishes he had a retriever ...

instead of a pointer ....

http://www.kcci.com/news/14441475/detail.html

TAMA, Iowa -- A Tama man was injured when hunting dogs stepped on his gun.

Officials with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources said James Harris, 37, was pheasant hunting with a group about three miles north of Grinnell when the accident happened.

Officials said the group had shot a bird and when Harris went to retrieve it, he put his gun on the ground and crossed a fence. As he crossed the fence, hunting dogs stepped on his gun causing it to fire.
Harris was shot in the lower left leg.

He was treated at Grinnell Medical Center and later transferred by helicopter to University Hospitals in Iowa City. His condition has not been released.

The investigation is continuing.

B|:D:D:D

I want to be there for the dog interrogation!! :ph34r:
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

instead of a pointer ....

http://www.kcci.com/news/14441475/detail.html

TAMA, Iowa -- A Tama man was injured when hunting dogs stepped on his gun.

Officials with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources said James Harris, 37, was pheasant hunting with a group about three miles north of Grinnell when the accident happened.

Officials said the group had shot a bird and when Harris went to retrieve it, he put his gun on the ground and crossed a fence. As he crossed the fence, hunting dogs stepped on his gun causing it to fire.
Harris was shot in the lower left leg.

He was treated at Grinnell Medical Center and later transferred by helicopter to University Hospitals in Iowa City. His condition has not been released.

The investigation is continuing.

Is the dog republican?

B|:D:D:D

I want to be there for the dog interrogation!! :ph34r:

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't know but do you think they will rename him "Dick Cheney" ???

:D:D

Here Dick . . . Come on boy - now shoot him - that's right - Shoot him - GOOD BOY, Dick!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Damn, a freak accident. But that's why you are trained not to leave a loaded firearm, meaning one in the chamber, propped up on a fence, leaning on a wall, or loaded in a vehicle. You also don't climb through the fence or up ladders with loaded firearms either. I've hunted and shot with guys that were pretty cavalier about these kinds of things. I try to shame them into not blowing my head off by accident.:S

Damn, a freak accident. But that's why you are trained not to leave a loaded firearm, meaning one in the chamber, propped up on a fence, leaning on a wall, or loaded in a vehicle. You also don't climb through the fence or up ladders with loaded firearms either. I've hunted and shot with guys that were pretty cavalier about these kinds of things. I try to shame them into not blowing my head off by accident.:S

Yup, I've read stories in Outdoor Life, etc. of people getting shot by their dog. One guy got shot because he actually leaned the gun against HIMSELF! The dog came back with the bird, was all excited and jumped up on master and pawed the trigger. Lukily as the dog jumped up the guy realized his mistake and flung his face backwards. The bird shot missed his face barely after leaving a nice burn and shallow graze across his stomache.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher