turtlespeed

Is it important to you . . .

. . . to have your name spelled correctly if printed in a publication?

After Several attempts to try to insure that (A certain Magazine) spells my last name the right way, I have given up.[:/]

I tried - but - after at least 6 individual instances . . . they still can't get it right.:|

What would you do?B|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

return the favor in kind, every opportunity.:P

You mean like calling referring to them by a mispelled name?

For instance:

Hulk Hoggan
Clive Cusler
Parashutist

Is this what you mean?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

. . . to have your name spelled correctly if printed in a publication?

After Several attempts to try to insure that (A certain Magazine) spells my last name the right way, I have given up.[:/]

I tried - but - after at least 6 individual instances . . . they still can't get it right.:|

What would you do?B|

Absolutely, it shows competence on their part as well as respect for their subscribers.... and good grief, your last name isnt that hard to spell.... they seriously can't get it right????:S

Get over it. My last name is spelled the stupid english way most of the time I see it in print. I had one boss who spelled it wrong on my paycheque for years. The money still went into my account so what do I care.

This from a guy that spells Check - with a "Que"

Very important! In fact not just my name but everybody else's as well. I work in human services and we are in charge of personal records and I constantly correct client's mispelled names.
I think I have OCD :S:D

Have you ever considered working for a skydiving publication?:|

it's a chopper
zed's dead baby.

Zed is too alive!>:(

He runs the MIB!

regardless of what zed is where - there is still a "U" in a-U-thorized.:ph34r:

Spelling lessons from an American; now that's funny.

Spelling was not as engraved in stone as it is today. Writers and printers in the 1800's and earlier had much leeway in how to spell many words. Also, during and after the American revolution, us Yanks started spelling many words differently as one more act of defiance to the King's Tyranny.>:(:D:D:)
Today we take common language and spelling for granted, but it was a long road to achieve all this.

I've been in print a number of times. With my WASPy common name I've never had it misspelled :)