skydivermom

Funny Stories You Hear At Someone's Memorial Service

My uncle passed away last week, and my mom was telling me about some of the stories people were telling at his memorial service. The funniest one came from his neighbor of several years. My uncle lived on quite a few acres, so there was a lot of space between neighbors. Anyway, the neighbor was talking about his first encounter with my uncle. The neighbor spent a few days working on a well and trying to fix a few other things. Well, my uncle goes over there, knocks on the door and introduces himself. He then says to the guy "I've been watching you for three days through my binoculars and I can tell you don't know what the *&@% you're doing.":S

Strangely enough, they were fast friends from that point on, probably in part because my uncle DID know what he was doing.

What are some of the wierdest/funniest stories you've ever heard at a funeral/memorial service?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

My grandfather passed away the night before a scheduled family reunion. He had 12 children who all grew up to have big families. If you weren't a direct blood relative you didn't get in the church for the funeral. The procession to the cemetary was over a mile long. I was one of the pall bearers in the limosime leading the way.

Well, the six of us and the preacher were laughing pretty hard all the way out to the cemetary, telling grandpa stories. The driver got distracted and missed the turn to the cemetary, so the limosime and the hearse go off on a road trip while the uncle leading the remainder of the procession makes the turn and all those hundreds of people go straight to the cemetary.

After a while one of us realizes that we are "alone".

We turn around and head for the cemetary. We had to weave through quite a large crowd while working very hard to not giggle or smirk.

MH

I recently was present at bob hollers memorial service.As funny as the stories are you still end up crying
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I heard a funny story *about* a memorial service. ;):D

Oh, did it involve a certain person COUGHCOUGH bending over to hug the deceased and having the casket commence to slide off onto the ground? Praise the Lord Shari and I were right there.

It was one of those DOH moments for sure......and something I like to remind him about at convenient intervals!;)
Mrs. WaltAppel

I recently was present at bob hollers memorial service.As funny as the stories are you still end up crying

That had to be one of the hardest days of your life:(

true dat. shooting the ash dive video was a vey proud moment. he got me started in shooting the deland bigways
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

When at my grandfather's wake, my mom, grandmother and I all kneeled at the side of his open casket...my mom elbowed me to point out that the funeral home forgot to put his false teeth back in. I looked at my mom in shock and like "hey, bad timing, don't tell ME that" ..then she pointed it out to my grandmother and she smiled and looked closer at Papa Marion and said "Where ARE his teeth? Those were expensive!"...she started laughing, which made my mom crack up laughing, then forget about it...I couldn't control cracking up along with them.:D
All three of us were doing our BEST to contain the laughter, but it wasn't happenin':ph34r:

Did anyone nearly knock over the casket?:ph34r::P:D

I'm such a clutz, that would be something I would do..but I would have the MR BEAN approach of covering it up:D

I was referring to a certain someone I know that already did that... I won't name names *COUGH*walt*COUGH* but it was an interesting story.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

:Dawwwwwwww...pooooooor Walt:ph34r:

Poor walt? more like poor shari... she caught the casket:D

Shari and Kathleen were so good at keeping their composure and trying to play it off. Good on ya girls. :D

The visual is cracking me up.:D

Shari and Kathleen were so good at keeping their composure and trying to play it off. Good on ya girls. :D

The visual is cracking me up.:D

Me too. :D:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Speaking of which - where's Walt been or am I just leapfrogging over his threads?

lurking

If that.

YAY I'll be there in 3 weeks. B|

I won't get out there till january.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Speaking of which - where's Walt been or am I just leapfrogging over his threads?

lurking

If that.

Slowpoke.

I prefer poking faster... I have beer to drink.:ph34r:

lurking

If that.

Slowpoke.

I prefer poking faster... I have beer to drink.:ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r:
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Shari grabbed Walt....I caught the Casket. And it was scary because I can be quite a clutz at times.:S

Dave (the deceased) would have been laughing so hard.:D
Mrs. WaltAppel