BIGUN

Mobile Phone Salesman Sings Opera

I've always been a fan of the tenors going back to Mario Lanza. This was a British Idol competition. When the man says he's going to sing opera, the guy on the left looks to his left like, "Yeah, right." When he starts singing, Simon goes from an apathetic look on his face to "Holy Shit." This man's beautiful voice moved me emotionally. To think the world is just now discovering this talent... The good news is - he's come forward and I hope we get to see an album soon.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Phone-Salesman-Amazes-Crowd.html

Sorry, if it's a repost.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

he was ravished with controversy as well. He said he had no formal training then it was found out he went to some first class opera school in italy or something. it was hillarious though seeing the scene you described.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wow... I just got this video today (I don't watch much TV). Since you said that I did some Googling on him. I can see his point, he never got paid for his singing and was an amateur. From nothing in June to his first album just being released... Follow your dreams.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

$30,000 in debt and he was only able to afford -part- of Parvarotti's school before having to leave. He couldn't afford the rest, but the master asked that he sing for him again before leaving. His only other 'training' was in a children's choir when he was a boy.

He was picked on by bullies when he was in school for 'being different', and his self esteem never recovered.

Now, Happily married 4 years to a wonderful woman he first met on an internet chat room. B|

Kept his carphone warehouse job, even after winning "Britain's Got Talent" because he -still- didn't believe in himself. Just took a 6 month leave to do the tour from the show.

Just bought his album, "One Chance" and thoroughly enjoy it.

To his credit, he's taking Simon's advice to "Never Change". IMO he's the genuine article. We don't get people like him to achieve their dream, humbly, very often. Hat's off to him and a standing "O".

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon