Darius11

Weird Al-Funny

I had no idea he was still making fun of music.
Found him on you tube. I stoped watching him a long time ago. Happy to see he is still around

For MY canadin friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt1_6uz_sVU&feature=related

For my Gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw&feature=related

Got i hate this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgfpJWUYgbg
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

He always cracked me up with his song parodies. Does that sound wrong coming from me??? :D

Songs like "I'm Fat" and "Eat It" parodies of Michael Jackson were my favorites, and he also parodied "Seems like teen spirit" by that grunge band from Seattle, damned if I can remember the name... You know, the one whose lead singer Kurt Cobain shot himself...

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dude . . . I hope you're kidding. :D

(Nirvana)

It's not like he's ever heard one of their songs. :D

Blues,
Dave

Nothing like a pair of big ass woofers behind the seats in my old small truck couldn't fix. ;):D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I couldn't find it, but the kids did a good job.

Another good one.

:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg&feature=related For fans of Dylan

At first glance (no sound) I'd have thought he was parodying one of INXS's songs... :D

He always cracked me up with his song parodies. Does that sound wrong coming from me??? :D

I saw him interviewed once, and the interviewer brought up the fact he is legally required to get permission from the artist and songwriter for every parody he does. So the interviewer asked who he had wanted to parody, but couldn't because they wouldn't give permission.

Al: "Well, I can't give you any names, but there was this little fellow from Minneapolis who has an affinity for purple...":ph34r:

So keep in mind every time you see a Weird Al parody, the target of his humor has a sense of humor themselves.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I know exactly which one you are talking about too:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syuxasimWZ8

Yeah that was good, but I liked this one best :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luobOzreRq4

Just had a cool sound to it. I could hum the opening guitar riffs almost perfectly if you asked me to... Bet that fucks you up in the mind. :D

I saw him interviewed once, and the interviewer brought up the fact he is legally required to get permission from the artist and songwriter for every parody he does. So the interviewer asked who he had wanted to parody, but couldn't because they wouldn't give permission.

Al: "Well, I can't give you any names, but there was this little fellow from Minneapolis who has an affinity for purple...":ph34r:

So keep in mind every time you see a Weird Al parody, the target of his humor has a sense of humor themselves.

Let me guess... The Artist Formerly Known As Prince??? And the song he wanted to parody, I bet was Cream... although 1999 would have been an obvious choice, or Little Red Corvette... :D

I can totally see how you could. It is such a low sound the vibration must feel awesome. Good song I love Suicide Blond as well.

They were a good band.

Billy I bet you’re also a lot more sensitive to vibration and sound waves then I am.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I can totally see how you could. It is such a low sound the vibration must feel awesome. Good song I love Suicide Blond as well.

They were a good band.

Billy I bet you’re also a lot more sensitive to vibration and sound waves then I am.

Yes, that is one of the senses that has been enhanced over my lifetime with the hearing loss. Sometimes I'll just stand or sit next to a big ass speaker and put my hands on it, or hell, sit on it if I can. :D

They were a good band.

Yes, that is one of the senses that has been enhanced over my lifetime with the hearing loss. Sometimes I'll just stand or sit next to a big ass speaker and put my hands on it, or hell, sit on it if I can. :D

you must like the skyvan alot too;):P:P
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Actually, that's not really true. Parody is fair game, and he doesn't have to ask for permission to use the songs. He just does that out of good will to the artists, to not burn bridges.

I'm not saying he didn't say that...but that it's incorrect. In fact on his myspace page he says that he doesn't need permission. It's this lack of permission that made Coolio get mad at Al for his parody of Gangster's Paradise.

In fact on his myspace page he says that he doesn't need permission. It's this lack of permission that made Coolio get mad at Al for his parody of Gangster's Paradise.

Actually he got permission from Coolio or at least his manager to do the parody but Coolio changed his mind and sued. Al settled out of court.

I love Weird Al.

Generic Blues
by Al Yankovic

Lyrics:

I woke up this morning
Then I went back to bed
Said I woke up this morning
Then I went right back to bed
Got a funny kind of feelin' like I got broken glass in my underwear
And a herd of wild pigs is trying to chew off my head
You know what I'm sayin'

Well I ain't got not money
I'm just walkin' down the road
Said I ain't got no money, honey
So I'm just walking down this lonely old road
Well, I wish I could get me some money
But I forgot my automated teller code

I was born in a paper sack in the bottom of a sewer
I had to eat dirt clods for breakfast, my family was so poor
My daddy was a waitress, my mama sold bathroom tiles
My brothers and sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child

I got the blues so bad, woo
Kinda wish I was dead
Maybe I'll blow my brains out mama
Or maybe I'll, yeah maybe I'll just go bowlin' instead

I'm just a no good, scum sucking, nose picking, boot licking, sniveling, groveling, worthless hunk of slime

Nothing but a low-down beer bellied, bone headed, pigeon toed, turkey necked, weasle faced, worthless hunk of slime

Guess I pretty low self image
Maybe it's a chemical imbalance or something -- I
I should probably go and see a doctor about it when I've got the time
Make it talk
Aw, make it talk, son, make it talk
OK, now make it shut up

Plagues and famine and pestilence always seem to get me down
I always feel so miserable whenever I'm around
I wish somebody would come along, stick a pitchfork through my brain
I'd flush myself right down the toilet, but I'd just clog up the drain

I got the blues so bad
Kinda wish I was dead
Maybe I'll blow my brains out mama
Or maybe I'll go bowling
Or I just might go bowling
Maybe I'll just rent some shoes and go bowling
Maybe I'll join a league, enter a tournament, put on a stupid looking shirt and go bowling instead
Yeah

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Actually, that's not really true. Parody is fair game, and he doesn't have to ask for permission to use the songs. He just does that out of good will to the artists, to not burn bridges.

I'm not saying he didn't say that...but that it's incorrect. In fact on his myspace page he says that he doesn't need permission. It's this lack of permission that made Coolio get mad at Al for his parody of Gangster's Paradise.

Did some reading up on copyright and "derivative works", and it looks like you are right. Here is a page regarding Weird Al's requests for permission:

http://www.al-oholicsanonymous.com/faq/

It mentions Coolio, and repeats what I heard long ago; That Al did ask for permission, and thought he had it, but either his own label, (or Coolio's label), didn't actually talk to Coolio.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.