moodyskydiver

talk to me..I'm bored!

Insomnia sucks!

I'm SO bored.If anyone cares to join me in the pub to chat or would rather IM then PM me and I'll give you my screen name(s).Or just reply to this thread.Any topic is open season for me.

shameless post whoring I know,but hell I cant sleep!

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Yeah, its hard for students to get their first gear but,this is an expensive sport.Thats why most new jumpers are told to buy used until they find out what they really like.I guess its kinda like your first car,its old and used but you're new to driving it so its best not to be given a corvette as your first car.:D

as for exploitation,well I dont really know.The gear market is something I'm not completely current on as I've not jumped in 3 yrs (long story).

I'll give you the reader's digest condensed version:

I had a hard landing that ruined my left knee but kept jumping on it anyway,making it worse.Eventually it got bad enough that I couldnt hardly walk w/o pain so I went to a sports med. doc and a pain management therapist and basically both said my jumping days were over.I've severely damaged the colateral ligaments in my left knee and did some tissue damage to the right knee from favoring my left knee/limping/kept jumping.Now I wear knee braces just to help me walk long distances or for long periods of time.The docs say if I jump again I'd probably do serious permanant damage.

oh jeeez sorry to hear that. Ive heard of things like this happening before (Gordon Ramsey, Bear Grylls). I suppose it could've been worse. My wife
did a tandem and badly damaged her knee, not as badly as yours sounds, it's looks bad though, now she is really opposed to me skydiving.
I should imagine one day I'll stop, half of the problem is the people at the dropzone are really nice so it's like a liitle social occasion in a way?! I make a day out of it :)

I know what you mean.I still like to go out to the dz every now and then just to hang out even if I cant jump.The people in this sport are awesome and I hate that I cant enjoy it on any other level than from the ground.But I have good memories and thats what should count in the end.

forget the docs... that is what butt slide landings are for!!!

LOL! dont think I havent contemplated it.:ph34r:
come to the pub amber :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

THE PUB's NOT WORKING!!!

one of our instructors really fucked things up a couple of years ago. she has a very funny way of landing, butt-sliding, one leg to the side, back.. she can still do it!

if i had any IM's, i'd be more than happy to chat..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda