Snowwhite

Ice Storm

Our local geek weather reporters have been hawking this huge ice storm for days. Warning everyone to stock up and take cover, telling us all how we are going to be without electricty for days or weeks. I turned my furnace up to 70 degrees in anticipation of no electricity (I usually have it at about 58) and we have a little ice, but no biggie, and my house is like an OVEN!
These small town small minded people have even usurped the TODAY show, so they can "Cover the EVENT"
Big deal, it's raining, it's cold, there's a whole world out there dealing with lots more than us, but we'll never see it!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Ice storm here in Kansas City

Right here in the middle of KS it has rained all night and we do have a lot of big limbs down in our yard. My wife works in Wichita and has stayed with friends but tells me this morning the streets aren't too bad.
My brother-in-law works for the power company and lives in Liberty, MO. He figures all the man hour stuff and where to send the crews to keep you going in the KC area. You guys always seem to get the worse of the ice storms there.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

last feb we had a huge ice storm that took most of the power lines to the ground. I didn't get reliable cable back until JULY. When I looked out of my front door, my neighbors 45 year old maple tree was laying in the back of my truck, so there was no going anywhere until the ice melted off of it, and it stood back up. The power went out, and was off for a week. My house got down to 54 degrees inside, but that's not that bad.
I really expected this storm to match that one, from the build up they have been giving it for the last 3 days.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I once had the misfortune to live in Schaumburg for 3 years.

Every damn time a quarter inch of snow would fall, they would dump a HALF inch of salt on it. Idiots. On one occasion about three days after a snowstorm, the roads were dry, I turned a corner, skidded, and almost crashed, because of a layer of dry SALT on the road!>:(

One year in late February, the local media started yammering about the upcoming "crisis".:o The "crisis" was that the hwy dept was running out of salt. How did mankind ever survive all those thousands of years without salting the hell out of every flat surface? I swear this salt mania must have been secretly supported by the automotive industry hoping to sell more cars due to accelerated rusting.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I lived there just under 2...:|

What years? I was sentenced there in 1993. What really made it miserable was that I went there from living in an apartment overlooking Lake Michigan in St Joseph MI. In 1996 I broke out and escaped to CO. :ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

80-part of 81, then got smart and moved to San Diego.;)

Like I've always said: The best way to see the Chicago area is in your rear-view mirror!:D

Like I've always said: The best way to see the Chicago area is in your rear-view mirror!:D

:D:D:D

I had a boss who got tired of people coming into our music shop and saying in a hauty air "Well, I'm from Chicago and,,,,,"

He used to say "SHHHHH!!! Don't tell anybody and they won't hold it against you!"
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I had a boss who got tired of people coming into our music shop and saying in a hauty air "Well, I'm from Chicago and,,,,,"

He used to say "SHHHHH!!! Don't tell anybody and they won't hold it against you!"

Traveling in Russia, when a lot of older folks hear you're from Chicago they point their fingers and make machine gun noises...Al Capone legacy live on!

Gave a talk at a high school in Siberia,
a couple of the kids wanted to know if I'd even been attacked by a Chicago Bear!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Traveling in Russia, when a lot of older folks hear you're from Chicago they point their fingers and make machine gun noises...Al Capone legacy live on!

Gave a talk at a high school in Siberia,
a couple of the kids wanted to know if I'd even been attacked by a Chicago Bear!

Soon after I moved to CO, one of the developers went to a conference in Chicago. He had never been there before. When he came back I asked him what he thought of the place:

"Everywhere I looked there were fat people; Really pale, fat people."[:/]

Well shit. I just heard a huge crash in the backyard. I'm almost afraid to go look.

MAPLE TREE 1 - NEIGHBORS FENCE 0

OOOooo, I'll bring my chainsaw and and come and see you!

Just got home for lunch. Drove across town to check it out. If you've every seen what tree tops look like after a tornado, that's what the entire town look like.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.