waltappel

Skydiving's biggest star

When I had about 200 jumps and knew practically nobody in the sport, I did a wingsuit jump with Loic in DeLand. Later that night after beers I had to leave. I wanted to say goodbye to him but noticed he was in a very heated discussion with the entire PD team (Moledzski, Pilcher, etc). He was describing some canopy mods he had come up with for swooping and they were all VERY intently listening. I did not have the balls to interrupt so I tried to sneak out behind him. Halfway to my car I heard somebody running behind me and I turned around and Loic was chasing me down to say goodbye.

*** My, aren't we the name dropper. There are alot of skydivers that I have alot of respect for, but not one that I would'nt have the balls to interrupt. This whole thread started out as light hearted fun. Some people just live for reasons to be offended. Once again, lighten up. The world isn't ending.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Repeat 500 times or until you get the general idea.

Jeez!!!

I don't doubt that he's humble. The humble people I know have the ability to laugh and not take themselves too seriously. Some of the people they know actually realize that and don't get bent out of shape at some good-natured ribbing.

*** Maybe we could start a support group for easily offended skygod groupies.
Walt

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

There are alot of skydivers that I have alot of respect for, but not one that I would'nt have the balls to interrupt.

At 200 jumps and 21 years old, and fairly shy, I was different.

The only reason this thread offends me is because the person being spoken about is in a hospital bed, and not here. "Good natured ribbing" is better done to somebody's face, IMO.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The label 'biggest star' is one entirely put on by the non skydiving media.

Loic himself is one of the most down to earth and easy-going people there is in this sport, open to anyone. Be it 0 or 10.000 jumps.

Trashing someone over the internet says more about you, then the accident says about the person you're talking about..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I thought this was about shane - and I was getting upset - he's not as big as a star! Not even a PLANET!

Small moon - maybe - :D:D:D:D

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Loic himself is one of the most down to earth and easy-going people there is in this sport, open to anyone. Be it 0 or 10.000 jumps.

Trashing someone over the internet says more about you, then the accident says about the person you're talking about..

Jarno, I agree.
Luckily I have done a few flights with Loic, he impressed me not only as a flyer but also for his kindness.
All the best to him and his family!

Cordially,

Herwig

Gee, I guess I'd better get in line behind you to suck his dick.:S:S

Only if you take your teeth out...

Old people are funny..

Wow, you *do* have a sense of humor!!!:D:D:D:D

Walt

Is he old too?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Is he old too?

I doubt it but fortunately he is starting to learn something from us old fuckers!

Walt

Damn - I just got lumped in, didn't I?

but seriously...it seems like you have been "honest" about your number...i haven`t...i put up 65 year just to stirring up the gods...and you know what?? it works every times...stupid farmer:|

This guy thinks that a skydiver who is honest about his jump numbers exists? Man, he's trippin'!!!:D:D:D

Walt