CSpenceFLY

How would DZ.com change if you had to be sponsored to get on the forum?

I've heard it said that you know you're doing it right if both sides are angry with you.

To Rhondalea:
What then of an innocent newbies thread which degenerates in just another pissing contest? How does reading all that mud-flinging help anyone? (You don't know shit because you only have XX jumps and XX years in the sport! / I DO know what I'm talking about because..) It certainly doesn't answer the original question.
Is "weighing everyones unmoderated opinion" more important than the original topic?

For the record, I think this boards' mods are doing a great job.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

What the fuck... is no different than being sponsored for a jump... So DZ.com has Relative Work Posting (ya'know, cool people skydiving together or whore posting together)....

Damn... we have a new sport in our hands...
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

You were there on rec.skydiving

She still is, last time I checked. Always talking about whichever guy tried to feel her up last. :o:D
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You were there on rec.skydiving

She still is, last time I checked. Always talking about whichever guy tried to feel her up last. :o:D

That's a personal attack. You should be banned. For life and 20 years thereafter. After that, you should only be allowed to post on alternate leap years.

And how do you like Mike Corley, the MI5 guy? He's some piece of work, eh? If you google him, you'll find several news articles and a play based on his usenet activities. The other sporger is probably Bloxy, who occasionally goes off his meds (but it could be anyone with armed with HipCrime's User Agent). If either of them tries to feel me up, I'll knock 'em out, and then perhaps we'll have some peace. Or, at least, some fewer posts to delete unread.

That stuff--the sporge and the other flooding--is a royal pita, but I don't think it outweighs the benefits of free speech.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I've heard it said that you know you're doing it right if both sides are angry with you.

To Rhondalea:
What then of an innocent newbies thread which degenerates in just another pissing contest? How does reading all that mud-flinging help anyone? (You don't know shit because you only have XX jumps and XX years in the sport! / I DO know what I'm talking about because..) It certainly doesn't answer the original question.
Is "weighing everyones unmoderated opinion" more important than the original topic?

For the record, I think this boards' mods are doing a great job.

All those things you wrote get said in other ways. People pull rank (more time, more jumps); they just don't preface it with "you don't know shit." I have seen, however, "you don't know what you're talking about" and "you're wrong."

None of that is a personal attack, and plenty of people weigh in with "unmoderated opinions."

All moderation does is make it artificially sweet. Sponsorship would just make it cloying.

Adults should be able to manage the simple task of ignoring those whose opinions they do not respect and with whom they do not wish to interact.

It's as simple as seeing a name and passing it by. If the definition of maturity is the realization that you can't change others but can only change yourself, exercising self-restraint rather than "other-restraint" is a good test and additional practice.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

You're right, about the self restraint.

Unfortunately some people will say things online they'd never say in "real life", resorting to foul language when their reasoning is proven flawed, or even when it's merely questioned.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

You're right, about the self restraint.

Unfortunately some people will say things online they'd never say in "real life", resorting to foul language when their reasoning is proven flawed, or even when it's merely questioned.

That tells us something important about them, then, doesn't it.

rl

I'd have my masters if I was able to be rejected by this site.

That would be two of us!

Moderation is like picking a lock, if you do it right no one knows you have done anything at all...
then you are a crappy locksmith:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?