ltdiver

Tankless Water Heaters

i'm sure there's someplace you can go to look this up, but i don't know where that is. maybe someone here is familiar with this kind of thing and can point you in the right direction. i was just thinking that if your water heater's life expectancy was 15 years, for the sake of arguement, you could go to small claims court and ask that the city pay for 1/3 of the cost of your new heater, if you can prove that they didn't do the maintenance they were supposed to. if your water heater's life expectancy was 20 years, they should pay for half, and if it was 10 years, you are sol.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I just replaced my water heater last winter. I think I paid 289.00 at Lowes and a friend installed it for 30 bucks. It isn't hard and it doesn't take long. Getting rid of the old one wasn't easy, but I have a truck and waited til the "freebie day" that happens every year here.
My deteriorated because the dip tube crumbled into it, and clogged absolutely all of the aerators in my house. It was when I had to check the aerator into my washing machine that I finally figured it out,,,,DUH! And I had just missed the recall notice by about 3 months on the water heater, or the company would have paid for part of the replacement.
If I were you, I would check all of those places where water particulate may be trapped, like all of the aerators on all of the faucets in your house, and have your neighbor do the same thing. Water companys are required to provide QUALITY water (yes, there is a water quality act) and they have to keep records DAILY.
Our little bitty city publishes theirs, and your city does the same thing. If you can prove that this water has destroyed your property, it isn't a far stretch to imagine that it is destroying people too.
I know that our city has paid for private property that they have knowingly, or accidentally destroyed. And they do it on a regular basis. Contact your City Attorney.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]