grannyinthesky

What to do in Miami Beach?

If you're into gardens, fancy houses and architecture, my parents were pretty impressed with Vizcaya when they went a few months ago. I've lived in FL most of my life, but have never vacationed in Miami so other than that, I can't help you much. Hope you have fun though!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

not nice to post pics of your ex-girlfriend.:P

It might have been the wrong place, I know there is a guy looking for a DZ girlfriend so maybe I should have posted it there ... lol

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3085615;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

:ph34r:

I'm in Miami Beach for the weekend. Since I don't have my license yet and a tourist tandem just isn't appealing, anybody have suggestions for places to go/things to do when I'm not working?
Thanks,

I see you've done your research on our one neighborhood DZ already. [:/] I don't frequent there either.
So since that's out, you're stuck with just the biggest variety of bars, clubs and restaurants on this side of the country. SoBe, has a lot of great spots as along as you don't mind $7 beers, and a 2 Drink/3 Plastic Surgery minimum.
Since I read you as more a "go-to-see" than "go-to-be-seen" type, you'd probably be better off having an overpriced snack on Espanola Way, then coming a few exits down to the Grove or even up to Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale. Hell, since I'm stuck here suffering the 70 degree temps too, I'd be glad to show around some of my new haunts.
But you need to narrow down your search parameters. What are we talkin' here?:
Jazz - Blues - Salsa & Mojitos - Tapas bar - Fine dining - Classic Rock Club - New Rock Club - Sports Bar - Local Dive - Cuban food - Jamaican food - or shrimp basket, pitcher, and guy with a guitar singing those same goddamn Buffett songs?

Pick a couple, and I'll see what I can recommend. Or, as mentioned, we can get coked up drop some E and go to a rave that doesn't even open until 2am and let's out when respectable people are on their way to church.
(And don't forget our world class selection of t*tty bars)B|
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

But you need to narrow down your search parameters. What are we talkin' here?:
Jazz - Blues - Salsa & Mojitos - Tapas bar - Fine dining - Classic Rock Club - New Rock Club - Sports Bar - Local Dive - Cuban food - Jamaican food - or shrimp basket, pitcher, and guy with a guitar singing those same goddamn Buffett songs?

Ooooh, jazz, blues? I like about any music, but jazz is about on the top of the list I did just try my first Mojitos tonight. Pretty good.

Or, as mentioned, we can get coked up drop some E and go to a rave that doesn't even open until 2am and let's out when respectable people are on their way to church.
(And don't forget our world class selection of t*tty bars)

Tempting, but since this is officially a work trip, that would probably get me in troubleB|B|;)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Go to Lincoln road and have an espresso at David's walk-up window. It's the best!

That sounds really good, but I think I'm gonna see how much time I can get on the beach in the am's. I'll just have to drink hotel coffee...That, and I have no clue where Lincoln Road is. I'm in the 4800 block of Collins

POPS #10490

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dolphinsplus.com/

That is such a cool thing to do. I did that a couple of years ago in Orlando and it's an incredible experience. That would be a lot of fun to do again. Thanks for the idea

POPS #10490