Ragnarok

QUestion about pack volume....

I have a Triathalon 190, pack volume is about 420 ci. I am looking to get a second canopy, either a 190 or a 170 sq. ft Sabre2. The 170 packs in at 364 ci where the 190 comes in at 416. The difference with the 170 is about 56 ci. Is this going to be a problem, or can I get away with it. I may just end up getting a second rig - but if switching between canopies in the same container won't be an issue, I would rather go that route for now. I do not plan on downsizing since a 170-190 is where I will probably stay for quite some time.

Thanks

Your container probably has some coded letter/number combination of some kind that indicates the main/reserve size. Look on the container info label, and then you can go to the owners manual, maybe available online if you don't have it, to confirm what it says should fit. It would also help to know if you think the container is loose or tight now with your current canopy.

The pack volume numbers can be very misleading, different methods used to measure, identical canopies can vary, and each time a canopy is measured it can be different.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Start by determining you container size. It should be a G number somewhere on your harness/container's data label. Yours is likely a G4?

Then look at the Genera container volume chart at the bottom of this page for general reference.

Last step: call Sandy Reid at (520) 466-2655 and ask him if it will fit.

In my opinion you will then have made an informed decision.
Arrive Safely

John