MrHixxx

vigil in G4

Hey Folks,

I have a Vigil that I am installing in a G4 and the control unit is about 1/4" long for the window pouch. Anyone else experience this on an assembly? Since the spandex backing doesn't reach around the edge of the unit to hold it deep in the pocket, did you do anything to keep it there (ie tacking)?

thanks, Jon

:)
The Mirage window is for the Cypres AAD & so the Cypres pocket in the reserve container.

Did you checked with Mirage if the Vigil AAD is approved to be used with the Mirage h/c ?

Any AAD must be approved by the h/c mfg. before setting it in.

The AAD mfg. can not approve his AAD into a h/c without the h/c approval.

One more point to consider, the cutter location on all Mirage h/c is on flap #3 if done by SB 12/04 or if it from mfg. This location might effect the Vigil cutter plastic protection sleeve.

The Vigil AAD cutter have a plastic cover for the cutter's hole, it goes into the cutter hole and outside on both sides.

This plastic might cracked or break when it will be pressed between the #3 flap grommet & the reserve p/c top grommet or even during the work with the packing pin when closing flap #3 & the pin is under the cutter.

Broken plastics are a SAFETY issue which might damage the reserve closing loop.

Safe Rigging !!!

That might explain why the G4 manual specifically, and only, references the Cypres.

Nowhere does the G4 Manual reference AAD's in general or specifically any other AAD than Cypres.

Edit: I'm looking at the Vigil owners manual v2.0.7. The second page lists endorsements from:

French Skydiving Federation
Relative Workshop
Parachutes de France
Sunpath
Performance Variable

I'll add this to my personal list of gripes about Mirage.[:/]
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

That might explain why the G4 manual specifically, and only, references the Cypres.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chances are that you have an old manual.
Vigil has only been on the market for a little while.
Re-writing manuals is an expensive and time-consuming process - trust me- I have written several.

Any AAD must be approved by the h/c mfg. before setting it in.

The AAD mfg. can not approve his AAD into a h/c without the h/c approval.

Stefan Earler, one of the owners of Paratec and a member of the committe that wrote AS 8015, told me that it was upto the AAD manufacture to approve instalation of it's product into a H/C. As an example he stated the fact that Paratec has never endorsed the use of any AAD ever.

I guess his argument is that the AAD is an after market addition over which the H/C manufacture has no control. Therfore it can not be the resposibility of the H/C manufacture.

He repeated this in a letter to the BPA when the riggers committee asked if he aproved the use of the vigil in the Next Tandem system.

Is TSO testing done with an AAD?
Are there any performance standards for an AAD?

Nullius in Verba

:)

Is TSO testing done with an AAD?
Are there any performance standards for an AAD?

The TSO is not done with an AAD

PIA TS-120 is the TS for AAD.

The h/c mfg. MUST approve the AAD to be set in his system, the AAD mfg. & the h/c Mfg. works as a team for the best setting for each h/c.

Safe Rigging !!!