freeflychris

God damn deer.

Dang, glad you and yours are okay! :o

Curious here...do people in states that have free range wild life get to carry insurance against such occurrences, like those of us in CA carry Earthquake insurance? Or are you just left out to dry?

ltdiver

It is covered on all typical auto insurance coverage under comprehensive.

Our family has hit...hmmm...I'm thinking 4 deer and an Elk. We eated 2 of the deers. :):([:/] (car was totalled).

Glad to hear insurance covers such accidents. Are they limited to number per year allowed?

And is it okay to laugh at your 'eated' story? :)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Glad to hear insurance covers such accidents. Are they limited to number per year allowed?

And is it okay to laugh at your 'eated' story? :)

ltdiver

Comprehensive covers glass damage, theft/vandalism, 'acts of nature' like hail damage (usually, varies a lil' by state) and animal strikes. There isn't a limit, and comprehensive typically does not increase your insurance rates (contrary to the popular 'My rates went up after a rock chipped my windshield!' -Nope, not really. They snapped your driving record and found a ticket that they hadn't been charging correct premium for; had nothing to do with the actual comprehensive claim).

However, if you have a bunch within a year, you can expect your insurance agent to start asking some questions. :P

-And we likes to eated our road kill here. B|:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.