bloody_trauma

need some tech help...

went out and bought a new mobo for my comp, problem is i find that the new mobo has only one IDE port and those are supposed to be for the dvd drives apparently, i guess im supposed to be using SATA conections, but the two drives i have are both IDE drives, so heres the question..

anyone have any experience using the little IDE to SATA cards? or have any suggestions for what i should short of buying new drives\mobo
Fly it like you stole it

IDE connections are really rare on HD's anymore. Faster and easier to use SATA since it is easier to route the cables. Getting a new MB with more IDE slots isn't really an option for that reason.

You can look at a PCI based IDE card, usually these have RAID and other abilities in them too. I've got one laying around here that I used to do Raid 1 with on some old 72 gig drives. I'm now running RAID 1 over SATA on my system and RAID 1 or RAID 5 on the network appliances and servers laying around the house. I'd look up one of the cards since it will provide you 4 IDE connections again and you should be able to get one for $30-40 off ebay or less.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I would say get a new DVD-rw and DVD rom since they are not that expensive anymore. IDE is just too old and slow. You'll have to replace them sooner or later and those fix-ups usually just don't work very well (I do not have any experience with those particular things you were talking about though).
For the HDD's it's a harder call since they are more expensive and you probably don't want to lose data. How big are the HDD's?