ACMESkydiver

Fitness Fools...POST February 15th-February 22!

Crap crap crap!

The parental-units are visiting; hard to fit in any exercise. I also gained over the weekend from the eating out. Crap crap crap!

They actually expect to eat a full sit down dinner each night. They will realize we are disfunctional in that we don't sit and eat during the week together.;)

I must walk more during work this week.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I am going to try to keep up working out on the ship too, I'll feel like crap if I dont, so i'll wake up and do it early before the day actually starts..

The ship we were on had an outstanding workout room and a rock climbing wall. We didn't use the workout room 'cuz we decided that 3 days off would be ok. :ph34r:

I also bought the Perfect Pushup a few days ago too for like $20 at Walmart.
(http://store.perfectpushup.com/home.php?cat=2&xid=718e834a033e346c9c94c2af50f87e71

You can actually feel the difference and he gives you a 21 day workout to do that you complete every other day. So I do those on days when i'm resting/doing cardio at the gym. They're small enough that I'll probably take them on the cruise with me too...

I've seen those & I thought about getting them for Joe. (I'm not ready for those yet. :$)

I'm down to 247 and 16% body fat. Gonna keep going hard though...especially for my new part-time job ;)

Oh and Acme, I'll probably buy some of the stuff we talked about after I get back...

Good job! 247 and 16% is cool (BTW, how in the HELL did you ever fit in a 182?! :o:P) Have a great time and let me know if you need any help with stuff when you get back. B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Crap crap crap!

The parental-units are visiting; hard to fit in any exercise. I also gained over the weekend from the eating out. Crap crap crap!

They actually expect to eat a full sit down dinner each night. They will realize we are disfunctional in that we don't sit and eat during the week together.;)

I must walk more during work this week.

I totally feel for ya...our relatives will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. :):)
As for me...I didn't work out at all this weekend. :( All day Saturday I kept saying 'I'll get this load of dishes started then go workout...I'll get dinner on and then go work out...' and it just freaking never happened. >:(:S

I did the same thing all day yesterday, then when I got the time, the little bother of a headache I had started turning the corner and I began halucinating. >:( Great. Migraine. So I took a couple of Advil migraines (totally worthless, but I have the damn things so I figured I might as well take them :S) and then I took a Maxalt, a big cup of half decaf, half regular coffee, a big glass of water, and went to sleep.

I stopped it in it's tracks (HOORAY!!! :)
~Jaye

Well of course I gained 2 lbs over the weekend, but those came off quickly so I'm back where I started. Sadly my cold has stopped me from working out though. Planning on getting a step class in today if I'm up for it. It feels crazy to say but I actually miss working out!

Okay, so i just got back to emails and stuff... The weekend consisted of LOTS of soreness... Did some good caving trips, long caving trips, and some fantastic vertical caving trips as well!!! Monday I was sore, my knee bothered me as we hit another cave on the way home. I started to go in, and got about 20 minutes into it, before i realized that my knee really needed a rest. So I left the breakdown, and hung out outside for the rest of the time.

ALTHOUGH... Monday, we did go hiking on the APP trail for a little while. The sun was out and it was beautiful, so nice, so pleasant, it was a good day for the hike. Yesterday, I spent the day in airports, today and friday i plan on going on the track at the newly build indoor track at the dome (a quarter mile track), then this weekend i have a curling match, along with 2 soccer games. I'm buying new running shoes this afternoon (i already have some, but I want to get another pair since i'll be doing some hardcore training coming up).

I'm buying that watch today that i keep talking about and not doing anything about it as well!!! :-) So that'll help in the upcoming weeks too...

My update :-)

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I'm in recovery from a week of the flu. Managed less than 10 miles for all of last week. But I'm feeling much better now, I got in almost 8 miles yesterday.

And I heard something from a coach that I a) have never heard said by a coach about me and b) never DREAMED I'd hear said by a coach about me. The coach for my walking class commented that I'm "in pretty good shape." :o

And... size 6 pants fit again. Right after I bought a couple new pair of size 8's, of course. :ph34r:

And... size 6 pants fit again. Right after I bought a couple new pair of size 8's, of course.

Ain't that the annoying (but wonderful) truth. I'm in an annoying in-between phase where absolutely no jeans in my house fit (well, unless you count "falling down off my ass" as fitting, and I'm not a teenage boy, so I don't), and I have one pair of casual pants (other than sweats or fleece pants) that fit. I was at a point where I had about 4 or 5 pair of work pants that fit but wouldn't you know it ... I don't have to wear work pants anymore right now!

I did find a great pair of pants for $4 at Goodwill on Monday... since I'm not paying full price for a size I don't plan to stay in for very long (especially when I have no income!). Hopefully those jeans that are sitting in my closet waiting to be worn will be wearable in a week or two.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well of course I gained 2 lbs over the weekend, but those came off quickly so I'm back where I started. Sadly my cold has stopped me from working out though. Planning on getting a step class in today if I'm up for it. It feels crazy to say but I actually miss working out!

2 lbs is nothin'...it will come right back off. B|

Missing working out is a great thing! You successfully made it part of your life. :)
~Jaye

Worked out Sunday (cardio, some upper body, legs and abs), Tuesday with the trainer (biceps, triceps, abs and legs) and last night (cardio, back, chest and shoulders). Tonight depends on if I can leave the office on time. There's a salsa class that looks fun and interesting but I'll need to rush to get there on time. Otherwise it will be cardio, legs and abs.

Funny thing- I am literally 10 pounds heavier since Thanksgiving but all my clothes fit the same or maybe even better/ looser. The strength training is doing its job even if the numbers on the scale tell me something else! I still want to drop that 10 and more but I'm not going to stress over it.

Funny thing- I am literally 10 pounds heavier since Thanksgiving but all my clothes fit the same or maybe even better/ looser. The strength training is doing its job even if the numbers on the scale tell me something else! I still want to drop that 10 and more but I'm not going to stress over it.

You are obviously fitter. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As of this morning, I've lost 10.5 pounds so far since August. I was so surprised, I didn't trust the scale. I moved it to a different tile on the floor just to see if I got the same reading. :ph34r:

I've been eating very healthy 5 times a day for the last couple of years, but this is the first time I'm seeing a slow but mostly constant progression downward. I think what's helped is cutting back a little on portion size, doing more of an interval workout on the treadmill and skipping that second (or third :P) glass of wine on some nights. I've figured out that I don't do well if I deprive myself of what I'm craving, so these kind of changes are easier to live with.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Amen to that! My goal right now is long term sustainable changes in my diet and lifestyle. I've done the diet and deprivation routine before and while it works for a while, the weight has always come back on.

I've been doing pretty well as far as exercising but I know my overall diet could be improved- quality, portion control, that kind of thing.........

Okay, so i just got back to emails and stuff... The weekend consisted of LOTS of soreness... Did some good caving trips, long caving trips, and some fantastic vertical caving trips as well!!! Monday I was sore, my knee bothered me as we hit another cave on the way home. I started to go in, and got about 20 minutes into it, before i realized that my knee really needed a rest. So I left the breakdown, and hung out outside for the rest of the time.

ALTHOUGH... Monday, we did go hiking on the APP trail for a little while. The sun was out and it was beautiful, so nice, so pleasant, it was a good day for the hike. Yesterday, I spent the day in airports, today and friday i plan on going on the track at the newly build indoor track at the dome (a quarter mile track), then this weekend i have a curling match, along with 2 soccer games. I'm buying new running shoes this afternoon (i already have some, but I want to get another pair since i'll be doing some hardcore training coming up).

I'm buying that watch today that i keep talking about and not doing anything about it as well!!! :-) So that'll help in the upcoming weeks too...

My update :-)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Quite the adventurer, aren't ya?! :ph34r:

Caving sounds interesting (not for me, but sounds cool for people that don't hate being in close places :P). I'd still like to start some little baby-tiny hikes. We are trying to figure out how to do it with the kids.

Now that we have 3 teenagers and a 'tween here, I'm thinking hitting the trails is sounding better and better...B|

Get the watch! It is really cool to have your heart rate so easily accessible. I wear mine every day & love it. (The only gripe I have is that mine doesn't have a 'date' function...but other than that, I love having it!)

Have fun curling...and playing soccer...you're such a jock. :D:P
~Jaye

And I heard something from a coach that I a) have never heard said by a coach about me and b) never DREAMED I'd hear said by a coach about me. The coach for my walking class commented that I'm "in pretty good shape." :o

I bet that felt purdy good, huh? B|

And... size 6 pants fit again. Right after I bought a couple new pair of size 8's, of course. :ph34r:

Kepp them for when you go fishing mebbe? :)
~Jaye

Ain't that the annoying (but wonderful) truth. I'm in an annoying in-between phase where absolutely no jeans in my house fit (well, unless you count "falling down off my ass" as fitting, and I'm not a teenage boy, so I don't)

:D:D:D

I did find a great pair of pants for $4 at Goodwill on Monday... since I'm not paying full price for a size I don't plan to stay in for very long (especially when I have no income!). Hopefully those jeans that are sitting in my closet waiting to be worn will be wearable in a week or two.

I have a pair of really cute denim overalls like that. :)
~Jaye

Worked out Sunday (cardio, some upper body, legs and abs), Tuesday with the trainer (biceps, triceps, abs and legs) and last night (cardio, back, chest and shoulders). Tonight depends on if I can leave the office on time. There's a salsa class that looks fun and interesting but I'll need to rush to get there on time. Otherwise it will be cardio, legs and abs.

Salsa...mmmm. I'm going downstairs to make some salsa right now. :ph34r: It's very healthy, y'know! :)
I'd take the weight if I was smaller, but at this size I need to go down in both. I'm going to start more strength training so I'm going to ditch the scale for about a month. For me it's still defeating to see a pound up even if I know that it's from gaining muscle. I can tell everyone else not to worry about it, but as for myself...I just need to stop looking. :|
~Jaye

I'm still staying consistent, although I could be better at somethings, but ah well - the important thing is I'm doing good. I'm doing good with strengthening my core muscles, but need to now concentrate on flexbility more.

I also started working with a personal trainer, and that's been a tremendous help; never underestimate the value of trainers! It helps that he's also a skydiver (what are the chances! :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I totally hear you about the weight and honestly, I think I am well past the point where strength training would make me gain. (It definitely can at first........) I really do need to get my overall diet back under control- smaller portions and better choices- and I'm working on it, but dayum, I do like to eat! :$

Yes, the extra holiday weight bothers me buuuutttt...........I've been at this for a while now, I'm in it for the long haul and determined to do it the "right way" so I won't let myself get sidetracked or discouraged over a stupid number on a scale, not when everything else is going really well. It will come off .......................... :)