lowpullin1

Open Softer

Whats the URL?

http://www.opensofter.com/

What is the Softer? It will be the 21st century slider! It makes a terminal opening feel like a 5-second delay. It has been extensively tested and really does work very well. It's so new and innovative, it has a patent pending. It is easily attached to any existing parachute.

Apparently it's a replacement slider of some new style, there aren't any images of it on the web site. They're still getting set up....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Whats the URL?

What is the Softer? It will be the 21st century slider! It makes a terminal opening feel like a 5-second delay. It has been extensively tested and really does work very well. It's so new and innovative, it has a patent pending. It is easily attached to any existing parachute.

Apparently it's a replacement slider of some new style, there aren't any images of it on the web site. They're still getting set up....

Just because it's patented doesn't mean it works, just that it's novel. See a previous discussion on flag jumping prior to 1999.

Mick.

Whats the URL?

Just because it's patented doesn't mean it works, just that it's novel. See a previous discussion on flag jumping prior to 1999.

Mick.

At one time or another every piece of equipment we use was novel, some survived the test of time, some didn't, I'll wait and see how it holds up over time before I'll consider whether to get one or not. One thing that comes to mind is how does it make the opening softer? Does it cause the canopy to open slower?

As for the quote, that came from their website and wasn't any comentary on my part.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

I went to the "product announcement" at PIA symposium last year and ..... I dunno, it's a fabric gizmo attatched to the main canopys' links. The video was non-conclusive at best, the device was supposed to slow openings by deflecting air around the canopy during the time prior to inflation. The vacuum from the jumper did collapse it alot during the inflation process. My opinion from the presentation was little or no benefit fron the device. There were most if not all of the major manufacturers in the room and I was sitting next to Mike Truffer. The costumed part of the presentation was hilarious, if you were there you know.