GQ_jumper

UFC 82 Henderson v Silva

New assignment in AZ, I'll be there for the next couple years.

And I missed the countdown too, I think I was watching scrubs, I'll watch it with you on wednesday, wear something sexy.

Did you guys catch the rerun last night? I'm ever so more in love (okay, lust) with Anderson Silva...AND Dan Henderson!! I really think Dan may just knock Anderson Silva out on this one....shit, the thought of it makes me want to cry!! B|[:/]

It's going to be pins and needles for me until the fight on Saturday!!! ARGH!!!
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I watched it. As usual it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was fun to watch anyway.

It's so tough to call who's going to knock who out, considering that neither of them have ever even been stunned. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Silva submit Hendo, or some combination of submission and pounding the shit out of him like he did Travis Lutter.

This is one of those fights that hardcore fans have been waiting years for. I'm getting excited!

I watched it. As usual it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was fun to watch anyway.

It's so tough to call who's going to knock who out, considering that neither of them have ever even been stunned. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Silva submit Hendo, or some combination of submission and pounding the shit out of him like he did Travis Lutter.

This is one of those fights that hardcore fans have been waiting years for. I'm getting excited!

Tell me about it! And holy shit, have you seen the stack for UFC 84?!??! Penn vs. Sherk / Ortiz vs Machida / and Wanderlei Silva vs Jardine

Anybody want to meet me in Vegas in May since 83 is already frickin' sold out??!!?? B|
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I wish! :D

So, can anyone tell me why the Arlovski/O'Brien fight isn't on the main card this weekend? I mean, you've got Arlovski, who's a former champion that lost the title to Silvia and then won two fights in a row against Cruz and Werdum versus O'Brien who's 3-0 in the UFC, including a win over Heath Herring, and this is an undercard match?

On top of that, Heath Herring gets to fight Kongo? Herring has lost two of his three UFC fights (including the one to O'Brien). WTF does he get to fight Kongo and not Arlovski?

Seriously, does anyone have an answer that doesn't involve politics?

I wish! :D

So, can anyone tell me why the Arlovski/O'Brien fight isn't on the main card this weekend? I mean, you've got Arlovski, who's a former champion that lost the title to Silvia and then won two fights in a row against Cruz and Werdum versus O'Brien who's 3-0 in the UFC, including a win over Heath Herring, and this is an undercard match?

On top of that, Heath Herring gets to fight Kongo? Herring has lost two of his three UFC fights (including the one to O'Brien). WTF does he get to fight Kongo and not Arlovski?

Seriously, does anyone have an answer that doesn't involve politics?

AA is down to the last fight of his contract and doesn't have a new one with Zuffa. He is being phased out, you could say.

Take a look at the whole card, it's stacked with talent and most is on the undercad, Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck are undercard fighters this time, that's crazy.

I think if silva wins this one its going to be by decision, he doesn't have a chance of knocking Dan out, and he doesn't have the strength to work through Hendo's submission defense. The only thing that is going to keep Dan from winning is himself, he could've won the Rampage fight but he wasn't agressive enough, rampage didn't have a answer to stop Dan and easily could've lost that fight. If Hendo goes out and pulls the trigger like he did against Wanderlei when he's on his feet, and uses every set of strikes as an opportunity to work a takedown he will win this thing. He has a different style of takedowns as well which prevent him from ending up in someone's guard, unlike the double legs Tito and most others usually stick with, he usually ends up in side control after a takedown, which is a solid position for a ground and pound attack.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yep, but Tito hasn't beaten anyone of note in a long time. I think Machida is going to handle him.

That's a tough one to call, there's still too many unanswered questions about Machida to make a good judgement.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yep, but Tito hasn't beaten anyone of note in a long time. I think Machida is going to handle him.

That's a tough one to call, there's still too many unanswered questions about Machida to make a good judgement.

Sokoudjou, BJ, Rich Franklin, and Bonnar are all on this guys card as wins. Tito is going to get beaten badly.

Sokoudjou, BJ, Rich Franklin, and Bonnar are all on this guys card as wins. Tito is going to get beaten badly.

Bonnar is a hit or miss fighter, I've honestly never been all that impressed with him, IMO he lost his first fight on TUF and never should have made it to the finals.

I don't really put too much weight in the win over BJ either, BJ is a lightweight, back then he offered to step up to LH to fight this guy, that's a HUGE weight disadvantage and Machida couldn't finish him, it was a decision.

I like Machida, I tihnk he's a great fighter, I've just nnever really seen him go toe to toe with a truly dominant wrestler. If Tito comes out in great shape with no nagging injuries I think its going to be a war and Tito could pull off a decision.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sokodjou win = strength & cardio
BJ win = subs & sub defense

All Tito has is GNP and lets face it - he's past his prime. He took Rashad to a decision. Big deal. All Rashad has is G (no NP). Machida can strike, submit and has cardio. Tito is not going to lose, he's going to get schooled. I called the shot.

Anybody want to meet me in Vegas in May since 83 is already frickin' sold out??!!??

I'll be a short drive from Vegas in May, give me a call, I'll be your date;)

Sure. I've lived here for 5.5 years and NOW after I leave everyone wants to do a UFC gathering. LOL

Screw you guys I'm going home to colorado
My photos

My Videos

Sokodjou win = strength & cardio
BJ win = subs & sub defense

All Tito has is GNP and lets face it - he's past his prime. He took Rashad to a decision. Big deal. All Rashad has is G (no NP). Machida can strike, submit and has cardio. Tito is not going to lose, he's going to get schooled. I called the shot.

I must say I was pretty impressed with Machida's performance in his last fight with Sokodjou. However, I don't think Sokodjou is in the same class as Tito. He's lost both his fights in the UFC so maybe he still has some getting use to in the Octagon. I like Tito and want to see him win but I don't think he has much heart with fighting in the UFC any more. He's not as aggressive as he used to be and losing his matches because of it. Just my opinion...don't hold me to it!
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I must say I was pretty impressed with Machida's performance in his last fight with Sokodjou. However, I don't think Sokodjou is in the same class as Tito. He's lost both his fights in the UFC so maybe he still has some getting use to in the Octagon. I like Tito and want to see him win but I don't think he has much heart with fighting in the UFC any more. He's not as aggressive as he used to be and losing his matches because of it. Just my opinion...don't hold me to it!

Nope. too late I quoted you so now you will be held to it.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Anybody want to meet me in Vegas in May since 83 is already frickin' sold out??!!??

Sure. I've lived here for 5.5 years and NOW after I leave everyone wants to do a UFC gathering. LOL

Ugh!! But I was hoping to convince you into staying so we can have a threesome....!! :$
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I think Tito has mad heart - they all do to climb in there. I just think the competition is getting bigger, stronger and more skilled. He can't just roll over the Ken Shamrocks of MMA forever and he can no longer just GNP people. Rashad was a snooze fest and I think Machida will be as well - right up to the point he lands one from the bleachers or submits him.

Ugh!! But I was hoping to convince you into staying so we can have a threesome....!! :$

Umm sweetie, my ego makes me count as two people so technically that would be a foursome, and an awesome one at that since I would be constantly competing against myself to outlast myself:P
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Umm sweetie, my ego makes me count as two people so technically that would be a foursome, and an awesome one at that since I would be constantly competing against myself to outlast myself:P

Oh yeah, like I would be complaining about a sausagefest. Bring it on pretty boy!!!B|
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I think Tito has mad heart - they all do to climb in there. I just think the competition is getting bigger, stronger and more skilled. He can't just roll over the Ken Shamrocks of MMA forever and he can no longer just GNP people. Rashad was a snooze fest and I think Machida will be as well - right up to the point he lands one from the bleachers or submits him.

I would never discount the hard work each fighter has put forth to get to where they are today, but I just haven't seen that spark in Tito's last couple of performance after another defeat from Liddell.
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com