ACMESkydiver

Fitness Peoples...Post for February 29th-March 6th

I'm that way too. I get sick I still eat. Post-nasal-drip makes me nauseous, eating makes it better. [:/]

My company is officially gone. Weather is cold again. Will begin this evening on the treadmill. When the weather warms up, I want to bike ride and when I lose maybe 10 lbs total try jogging again.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

How are y'all doing?? :)

Three words ... Girl Scout Cookies. [:/]

I have not allowed a box close enough to me to read the print. :| The only will power I have against Cadbury Eggs and Girl Scout Cookies is to keep them away...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

How are y'all doing?? :)

I have not allowed a box close enough to me to read the print. :| The only will power I have against Cadbury Eggs and Girl Scout Cookies is to keep them away...

I have no idea what it is about Girl Scout cookies but I totally hear you. Most years I buy at least 4 boxes but this year, all the folks at the office missed me. At first I was bummed when I saw everyone with their cookies on "cookie day" and then I was sort of relieved! ;)

I have no idea what it is about Girl Scout cookies but I totally hear you. Most years I buy at least 4 boxes but this year, all the folks at the office missed me. At first I was bummed when I saw everyone with their cookies on "cookie day" and then I was sort of relieved! ;)

The little crack peddlers are in front of every grocery store in town on the weekends right now. I just smile and say "no thank you" when I walk by ... as much as I'd love to buy some.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I haven't even seen the little crack peddlers. Just lucky, I guess because I honestly don't think I could just say "No Thank You" and keep going. Sometimes you have to admit you are powerless over your addictions, right?:P

And you know, there are much better cookies out there too! It must be the crack!

New torture last night- BarBell Lunges ................

ow ow ow ow ow ........................

I've come to the conclusion that my wholesome young trainer is an ASS MAN at heart. :D He just LOVES the exercises that really really work the gluts! :$

I'm already sore .................

New torture last night- BarBell Lunges ................

ow ow ow ow ow ........................

I've come to the conclusion that my wholesome young trainer is an ASS MAN at heart. :D He just LOVES the exercises that really really work the gluts! :$

I'm already sore .................

:D:D:D That's awesome! Hey Kate Beckinsale said that lunges got her bootie in shape for the Underworld series...she looks freaking dynamite in that outfit!! ;)

As for me...well I gotta hang up the running/walking shoes for 6 freaking weeks. :(:(:( I finally hauled my butt into the doc yesterday and asked her what's up with this foot that hasn't healed after 5 weeks. She took X-rays and said she didn't see a clear break, but some extensive arthritis and hammer toes (no way! I'd never known that!). Actually I guess most of that was from when I broke my feet in the army and gutted it out for 6 weeks before telling anyone. :$ Oh wells, I told her it didn't hurt so I wasn't worried about that. She said that my bouncing baby boy did some extensive ligament damage when he smooshed my footie...[:/] and that it was rest, ice and elevation with Naproxen or Ibuprofen for 6 dang weeks. :S>:( It didn't even hurt that bad at all until the nurse wrapped it with an ace bandage to give it support. I told them that that was the 'smooshing' that hurt, but she said I had to keep this stupid ol' thing on to help that ligament mend and keep it from stretching out or whatever...:S

I was a lil' bummed about that of course...but I came up with a brilliant, no-impact workout alternative -Pilates. :P I have LOTS of pilates DVD's, so at least I will be getting some good stretching and toning in whilest I'm off the darned footie. My dang gym still has no pilates instructor, so I have to do it all on my own. Oh wells...[:/]
~Jaye

Bummer on the no impact, but good for you for seeing a doc and FINALLY figuring out why you're hurting.

What about swimming? Is that an option for you during this no-impact time period? (I realize that's a lot more complicated what with not being able to do it in your living room) Glad you're thinking through ways to keep active even while following doctor's orders (good girl!!!).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm glad you got your foot looked at, but I'm sorry about the 6 weeks down time.

I totally believe it about the lunges, Kate Beckinsdale and her booty! Honestly, when I first lost weight -mostly from diet and cardio- so much of it came off my hips and butt that I looked like a BOY from the waist down! My jeans would fit snug at the waist and just hang off my butt. And I've always had curves, always been pretty well proportioned- it didn't matter if I was in a fat or less fat stage of my life! The squats and lunges are giving me my booty back! :$ The SO is loving it!

Bummer on the no impact, but good for you for seeing a doc and FINALLY figuring out why you're hurting.

What about swimming? Is that an option for you during this no-impact time period? (I realize that's a lot more complicated what with not being able to do it in your living room) Glad you're thinking through ways to keep active even while following doctor's orders (good girl!!!).

The only pool nearby is a good one, but it's pretty pricey...if I went I could get in for free if I bring my boys, but then there's really not much 'exercise' swimming for me. It's more like chasing around wet babies that are trying to take everyone's floaty-things. :P (They don't really understand that if things are within reach, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's ok to grab it and swim off. :ph34r:)

I may head down there a few times for exercise, who knows. B|
~Jaye

Pretty light running this week in terms of distance (due to time constraints)

Monday - 6km in 25.15 ... most annoying to find later it was 1 second outside my personal best

Today - decided to beat it ... 6km in 24.45 - was pretty tough for me as am not a natural runner but I was happy.

Plus weights etc

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Me too!!! those GS cookies are ALL OVER my office. They're worse than crack! At least, I have always had self-restraint when it comes to crack. :D I'm holding 1/2 a box of PB ones at my desk because my co-worker ate an entire box by himself earlier today and he doesn't want the open box sitting on his desk, because he'll just eat it all. :|

I have been exercising though. I was on the elliptical orbitor for 45 minutes over lunch, then did crunches. Walked yesterday. Tae Bo tomorrow. But those GS cookies are counter-acting my workouts! >:(

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091