LisaM

Miserable!

I hate allergy season! I'm miserable! Do you suffer? What do you take?

I'm taking Costco's version of Clariton but apparently it's not cutting it. My eyes are watery and itchy (well just my left one, currently), my nose is stuffy and sneezy.

I hate this time of year. B|

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I take the generic non-drowsy versions of Claritin and 12 hour Sudafed. I also use a netti pot when I'm really stuffed up. It's kind of a pain to use, but it really does help clear your sinuses.

I hope you feel better soon!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was just thinking about my neti-pot. At least it gets rid of the tickle for a short while. The tickle is tickingme off!

So you take the generic with the sudafed. I never thought about that.

*Scrounging around my cube to see what I have here"

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Since one is an antihistamine and the other is a decongestant, you should be ok. Actually, my doctor told me to do that mix.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Im in the Austin area and apperently we have some of the worst allergy seasons, Im doing what Skymama is and although Im still blah its better then it was. I also used mucinex a bit, which is expensive but then I switched to generic claritin which to me is the same as the full cost one.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

If its that bad this early in the year, you might want to make a trip to the doctor for a prescription. The past couple of years, my allergies have been a non-issue for the most part but I used to have a really hard time. Flonase worked like a miracle drug for me. I know its pricey and requires a prescription, but for me, it was way better than suffering!

For me. it also helped to rotate what I was taking- its pretty easy to build up a tolerance for allergy medications.

I'll take Claritin-D or the generic equivelent. I used to get a scrip for Opticrom when my eye reactions were bad.

Aside from the drugs. I upgraded the air filter on my furnace to the 3M-Filtrete variety and added an electrostatic air filter to my living room. Both of those have helped a lot. Good luck.

I was thinking the same thing. I have an appt with my primary care in a couple of weeks, I'll see what she can do. This is horrible.

You might want to also ask about prescription nasal sprays depending on what types of allergies you have. I just started using Flonase and it helps me quite a bit, but I guess it really depends on symptoms (mine was lots of redness and inflammation in my nose and post-nasal drip). Claritin, Zyrtec, Sudafed did nothing for me. The Flonase keeps the symptoms manageable.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I did the Sudafed thing when I got home yesterday and AAH! Thanks for that advice. I have regular allergy stuff and decongestant and I would have bought Clariton-D had I not know I could just take both. I hate wasting money. ;)

Today my eyes are itchier than heck. I have some allergy clear eyes, but it just hurts and then itches again. Whatcha got for that?

A cool washcloth across the eyes helps, but I might want to mention that I am at work and need to look at my computer.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

You might want to also ask about prescription nasal sprays depending on what types of allergies you have.

I forgot that I take a steriod spray too. I just buy Nasonex OTC (it used to be by prescription only). I take it before I go to bed every night to help me breathe and not sneeze so much when I wake up in the morning.