johnski

To Perris

G Day

I am going to be at LAX on friday 25 April to go to the Perris bigway camp in May and am wondering what is the best way to get to the DZ without hiring a car.

Last time I was in LA public transport was on the crappy side of bad, so any help would be great.

John

Lucky you!

Call manifest and ask them if they have someone to pick you up. When i was there last a woman named Kim was running lift service but it was well on the pricey side. Like $100 or so. If i did it again i would do public transport.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

a woman named Kim was running lift service but it was well on the pricey side. Like $100 or so. If i did it again i would do public transport.

According to mapquest, it's 83 miles from LAX to Perris, with a travel time of 1 hr 25 min.

Figure the round trip at 160 mi., and over three hours including time to find you at LAX, and I don't think $100 is that bad.

a woman named Kim was running lift service but it was well on the pricey side. Like $100 or so. If i did it again i would do public transport.

According to mapquest, it's 83 miles from LAX to Perris, with a travel time of 1 hr 25 min.

Figure the round trip at 160 mi., and over three hours including time to find you at LAX, and I don't think $100 is that bad.

Fair enough. I was talking purely in terms of our South African Rand, it's weakness against the US$ and being there on a budget though.

It actually took us longer to get there because of the traffic. And she took me to see Venice Beach while we waited for rush hour to pass, which was cool as a tourist, so yeah come to think of it, it was well worth it.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

1 hour and 25 minutes . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!

Obviously mapquest doesn't actually drive in LA.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No kidding. It was more like 2 1/2 hours for me, and I didn't get lost. I DID get lost on the way back to LAX though. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ah, I kind of missed that part. All I saw was "not hiring a car." :D

Ah, yeah, good luck with that. I suspect finding someone to do an airport run would be a lot easier if it were Ontario and not LAX.

To the OP - perhaps the camp organizers can connect you with others who are coming into LAX (or posting on the thread for the camp itself would help you identify others who will be coming in that specific weekend).

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Especially on a Friday! Egads! B|

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Google maps is more realistic:

85.6 mi – about 1 hour 30 mins
up to 3 hours 10 mins in traffic.

Mapquest: Headquartered in Denver, Colorado and Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Google: Headquartered in Mountain View, CA

Who do we think understands traffic better? :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Google maps is more realistic:

85.6 mi – about 1 hour 30 mins
up to 3 hours 10 mins in traffic.

Mapquest: Headquartered in Denver, Colorado and Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Google: Headquartered in Mountain View, CA

Who do we think understands traffic better? :D:D

Sounds like public transportation would be the better bet, now. :D At least with Metrolink he'd be speeding along thumbing his nose at those stuck in rush hour traffic! :ph34r:

Wonder when he's coming in. Anytime on Friday is bad, but at least between 10am and 2pm he'd have a fighting chance. (or at midnight...:))

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon