MagicGuy

Smash Lab

So Discovery Channel fucked up their listings apparently. Says that Mythbusters should be on right now but instead, their new show Smash Lab is on.

They are testing parachutes!

They are trying to come up with a way to stop a high speed boat in a crash scenario. They already made a tandem skydive (at a dropzone with a pretty sweet Otter painted like a shark) and now they are testing different parachutes to use for the job.

One of the guys, I'm guessing inexperienced with any kind of canopies, was just setting up a paraglider and while holding it, he got a gust of wind and the thing almost took him for a ride. Pretty funny, actually.

Check it out!

I watched it the other day and it was so stupid I don't even remember what it was about. I won't go out of my way to watch it again.

That Particular episode - or the show entirely?

I haven't watched it either, & I'm not intrigued enough to change that. Furthermore, it seems like a ripoff another show ( that I can't think of at the moment - but it's on the tip of my tongue.)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Yup, it turned out to be pretty terrible. Ya know movies that have bad endings? Well, they ended up fucking up completely and crashing the boat, not even getting a chance to try the other parachutes.

LAME! I wish Mythbusters was on like it was supposed to me. Sorry to anyone who tuned it!

I'm not sure if it's the same episode, but the one I saw weeks ago had them using Perris' skyvan to launch a wooden boat with a dummy and G-force measuring computer in it. They were testing the theory that aerated water would soften the impact. I only saw the first 10 minutes of it anyway so I don't know what they found out.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yup, it turned out to be pretty terrible. Ya know movies that have bad endings? Well, they ended up fucking up completely and crashing the boat, not even getting a chance to try the other parachutes.

LAME! I wish Mythbusters was on like it was supposed to me. Sorry to anyone who tuned it!

I gave smash labs a few tries. But I couldn't put up with the drama of the hosts. I found myself interested in the things that they were testing, but the guys on there are kind of a pain in the ass. And i like to see more on the building process than they give.

I know the mythbusters isn't very scientific either, but smashlabs is just to far down on the scientific scale for me. I removed it from my DVR's lineup about a month ago.

I gave smash labs a few tries. But I couldn't put up with the drama of the hosts.

I made this same post before, but my point still stands. That show is stoopid. Here is my impression..

----------------------------------------------------

Smash Lab Guy: "WHOAAAAHH! MAN!! HOLY COW!!"

Smash Lab Girl #1: "SHIT! DID YOU SEE IT BLOW UP!"

Smash Lab Girl #2: "YEAH! It was like in 100 pieces!"

Smash Lab Guy: "THAT WAS SOOO TOTALLY COOL!"

Smash Lab Girl #1: "YEAH, IT WAS SOO COOL WHEN IT BLEW UP!"

Smash Lab Girl #2: "I LIKE BLOWING STUFF UP!!"

Smash Lab Guy: "IT WAS LIKE, KA-BOOOM!!"

Smash Lab Girl #1: "Man, blowing stuff up is hot. It makes me want to take my shirt off and wear tiny shorts!"

Smash Lab Girl #2: "MEE TOO! Let's take our shirts off together and blow something up!"

Smash Lab Guy: "It was like, KA-BOOM!!!!

----------------------------------------------

This is my take on the stoopid show. I like mythbusters.
=========Shaun ==========