mattmais

batwing 116 pack volume

last time i posted in in "gear and rigging", they wanted more technical questions... Thread tensile strength, harness hardware fatigue life.....funny that this post was transfered. I think the general public might answer this better....oh well...i guess some people in this forum have run too many off.

anyone know how many cubic inch volume of a batwing 116.... ill take the answer in any unit of measure.......thanks in advance

since were talking about batwings... I've made almost a dozen jumps on my BW. All of my opening have been off heading which results in the canopy turning for a while after opening, (I've heard of ellip. canopies doing this) I then correct the turn by using the rear risers but when I release it turns continues to turn. so all the while I stowing the slider, adjusting leg straps I'm in a slow turn. I know its not dangerous but how concerned should I be? Has anyone else had this problem?

P.S. I might regret posting this
Na' Cho' Cheese

You need to steer the opening as well as steer tha canopy with harness inputs while stowing your slider and such. This may be a lack of experience causing you to create a harness turn even after opening. There's always the chance that your lines are out of trim, but thats not very likely to be unfixable with harness input. This is an aggressive canopy choice, but thats not what this thread is about. I was at the same loading as you at about the same number of jumps, but it was a more docile canopy. Be careful and turn high.

Just work on steering the opening with harness input rather than risers to keep the canopy from deforming so much as with rears. Steer all the time with harness inputs along with toggles and risers. Be one with the canopy. Steer with it, don't steer IT.

Cheers,
Travis